Page 67 of 404 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread: post alternative techniques

Re: post alternative techniques

Quote Originally Posted by Tri Tran View Post
    Thanks for the support Jim. I'm addicted to the Acetone fragrance.BTW I did figured it out why the 20x24 tissue is not bonded to the support because .007mm Mylar is to thick.
    PS: Your Lenses came in today . I will get them done and ship it out tomorrow. Cheers. TT
    I don't believe that the support can be too thick. You can actually make tissue on surfaces of any thickness. If you make a tissue and it does not bond to mylar it is because the mylar is not sized so when the humidity changes the tissue and mylar expand and contract differently and the tissue separates. Most all carbon printers have experienced this problem, especially those who live in areas where the RH experiences considerable change over a short period of time.

Sandy
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

Montreal , Canada. Los Angeles, California

Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    I don't believe that the support can be too thick. You can actually make tissue on surfaces of any thickness. If you make a tissue and it does not bond to mylar it is because the mylar is not sized so when the humidity changes the tissue and mylar expand and contract differently and the tissue separates. Most all carbon printers have experienced this problem, especially those who live in areas where the RH experiences considerable change over a short period of time.

Sandy
    Hi Sandy,
    All my tissue support are .005mm and they are bonded nicely up to 12x20, except the 20x24 using .007mm because ran out the thinner one. The reason is when the tissue dried ,they curl as they go and the Mylar .007 is a little stiff to curl along with the tissue. I think that's why they are separated from each other even though i sized , sand paper and wash carefully. Mylar contraction and expansion also an issue depending the environment, other than that i think the Mylar support is great and run smoothly when you pour the glob.Thanks. TT

Quote Originally Posted by Tri Tran View Post
    Thanks for the support Jim. I'm addicted to the Acetone fragrance.BTW I did figured it out why the 20x24 tissue is not bonded to the support because .007mm Mylar is to thick.
    PS: Your Lenses came in today . I will get them done and ship it out tomorrow. Cheers. TT
    .007mm is too thick??

Are you sure it's not .007"? .007mm = ~.0003 which is about 1/10th of the thickness of a sheet of normal paper!

-Leon

Pardon. I forgot that we still using English system.
    Quote Originally Posted by SocalAstro View Post
    .007mm is too thick??

Are you sure it's not .007"? .007mm = ~.0003 which is about 1/10th of the thickness of a sheet of normal paper!

-Leon

far away from home and only cyanotype chemicals (and tea)...
    p.

Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post

Sandy
    Hi Sandy,
    Did a test and it works. I spray the frosty paint from H Depot on the Mylar and the tissue is bond pretty well on the support, no more separation. 20x24 tissue looks promising.

Quote Originally Posted by p1ot3 View Post
    far away from home and only cyanotype chemicals (and tea)...
    p.
    One does what has to (and can do)!

Looking good!

Vaughn

Just want to satisfy my ego to see how the 20x24 Carbon transfer feels like. Here's my latest print , it took me 7 hrs to complete the print excluding making tissue and dried time. The tissue and the relief look good except the some micro bubbles I have to deal with which I guess is the enemy of Carbon printers. Thanks for checking.

Well done. I bet the print is spectacular with detail right down in the shadows. Leaves seem to dance off the surface of a nice carbon transfer, and contrasty edges are just so snappy.

I think I will stick to small ones, until I am as proficient as you clearly are.

David

As one who has made 8x20 carbons, I bow down in admiration. WOW. I can't imagine all the difficulty.

John