Page 252 of 404 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302352 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 4031

Thread: post alternative techniques

Re: post alternative techniques

All of your images are wonderful Matthias. I was experimenting with black tea toner this morning but I still need to try a little more. I am not sure of how long I can leave the print in the bleach. These are timid toning attempts. Two minute bleach + 4 min toned in black tea.

This is the same image I posted before.

I like the split tone effect but would like to try a complete brown tone like yours.
    I tried with regular ground coffee but it didn't stain at all. The effect is quite interesting nonetheless.

^^^ very nice!
    Ed Ross

Emil, the framed version is gorgeous
    www.christo.stankulov.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ramiro Elena View Post
    All of your images are wonderful Matthias. I was experimenting with black tea toner this morning but I still need to try a little more. I am not sure of how long I can leave the print in the bleach. These are timid toning attempts. Two minute bleach + 4 min toned in black tea.

I like the split tone effect but would like to try a complete brown tone like yours.
    I tried with regular ground coffee but it didn't stain at all. The effect is quite interesting nonetheless.
    These look good. I used discarded brewed coffee; make a pot and you don't always drink all of it.
    Make a cyanotype photo of a step wedge and then use that for testing how far you can bleach something for toning.

Ramiro,

your first tonings are very nice, definitely better than mine.
    In my experience, you can bleach for quite a long time, if heavy toning is desired. I sometimes bleach until all highlight- and midtone-detail is gone, and the shadows turn a pale pinkish color.
    You don't have to be afraid, the detail is coming back in the toner.

Some nice effects can also be achieved by switching back and forth between the toning and bleaching bath.
    Matthias

Quote Originally Posted by jp498 View Post
    These look good. I used discarded brewed coffee; make a pot and you don't always drink all of it.
    Make a cyanotype photo of a step wedge and then use that for testing how far you can bleach something for toning.
    I brewed a batch of very strong coffee but it didn't do anything to the print. I thought it was because it needs to be instant coffee (this doesn't make a lot of sense but...) I have lots of used Nespresso capsules I could use too.

Some nice effects can also be achieved by switching back and forth between the toning and bleaching bath.
    I actually tried that with a toned print that came out too dark but the bleach didn't do anything to it.

I'll make some 8x10 tomorrow.

Have you tried with wine, Ramiro?
    www.christo.stankulov.com

Quote Originally Posted by Christo.Stankulov View Post
    Have you tried with wine, Ramiro?
    Yes, I drank a whole bottle. The prints became blurry and double. I am not trying that ever again!

I actually feel bad about using wine for it, even cheap wine :/

-

Quote Originally Posted by Steve M Hostetter View Post
    Real nice shot of what looks like Reelfoot lake!
    You got it Steve

Now I want to try to start toning.... But I have to admit... I'm dig'n the cyanotype stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramiro Elena View Post
    I brewed a batch of very strong coffee but it didn't do anything to the print. I thought it was because it needs to be instant coffee (this doesn't make a lot of sense but...) I have lots of used Nespresso capsules I could use too.

I actually tried that with a toned print that came out too dark but the bleach didn't do anything to it.

I'll make some 8x10 tomorrow.
    Once I've bleached and toned a cyanotype, it (for me) is very resistant to further toning. Maybe I need a different bleach for toned rather than blue images. Seems to work best to get it right in the initial bleach and tone.