Page 199 of 404 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249299 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 4031

Thread: post alternative techniques

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

Re: post alternative techniques

Pt Reyes, 2013

Salted paper print split- toned in gold. I shot the negative last Sunday and printed it yesterday afternoon. This is the second of two prints - the first was the best and I matted it early this morning. It's a terrific print - way better than the scan above. Wish yoou could see it.

Thomas

Looks mighty fine here, Thomas!
    Jim Cole
    Flagstaff, AZ

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Thomas that is a great spot isn't it. The scene stopped me dead in my tracks sveral years ago.Love that spot.

Thanks Jim and Jim! I like that spot also. Now the burning issue is to find another. The thrill of a good image wears off after about 24 hours and is replaced with a burning desire to find another one. It's a never-ending cycle.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by tgtaylor View Post
    Pt Reyes, 2013

Salted paper print split- toned in gold. I shot the negative last Sunday and printed it yesterday afternoon. This is the second of two prints - the first was the best and I matted it early this morning. It's a terrific print - way better than the scan above. Wish yoou could see it.

Thomas
    Bravo!
    Ed Ross

My two latest carbon prints. Jury is still out on the vertical...I'll have to live with it awhile.

Fern Canyon Creek
    Scanned 11x14 Carbon Print

Jacoby Creek
    Scanned 8x10 Carbon Print
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fern_Cayon11x14.jpg   Jacoby_Cr.jpg  

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Vaughn, knowing what a carbon print looks like and the difficulty in clearing highlights I like the verticle the best. Seeing both of them some day wouls be even better.

Actually, I quite unhappy with the water in the vertical, tho the problem might lie more with the negative/film that with the process. The scan looks better than the print, I'm afraid. Both seem to be compositionally challenged. I might be heading up to Fern Canyon with both the 11x14 and the 8x10 this week...so I might give the horizontal another go and stay away from the 1/3- - 1/3 - 1/3 balance I have now. I can also find the place of the 8x10 image, though it is more of a hike and not suitable for hauling the 11x15 to at this point.

The vertical looks good to me Vaughn. Maybeyou could crop a tad off the top but personally I don't think it will matter as it's a strong composition IMO.

Thomas

Thanks, Thomas. I think I got too caught up with including that little bit of shrubbery on top of the top rock when I was photographing...I felt I had to include it for some reason. I still like it, but perhaps it belongs in a different image than I was actually trying to take. I have another negative that I moved a tad closer (and ever so slightly to the right) and only the the base of that little piece of shrubbery is included. Perhaps tomorrow I need to make some more carbon tissue and print that negative next week or so.

And I should flatten the prints more before I scan them -- I actually do have a solid black rebate all the way round the vertical image.