Page 178 of 404 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228278 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 4031

Thread: post alternative techniques

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Re: post alternative techniques

Tri, I think I need to get a ping pong table for my apartment! Dual purpose!

Montreal , Canada. Los Angeles, California

Quote Originally Posted by Monty McCutchen View Post
    Tri,

you and your work are amazing. I wish I business out there so that I could make the gathering.

Monty

Hi Monty
    Thanks for the nice words. My work is from my heart and I follow my heart for whatever I do. I believe it will tell you if it's right or wrong. Luckily I don't have to sell my Art work to make a living but I'm sure one thing that I behold something very special . Hope to meet someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    You own a cruise ship? No wonder you can afford ULF film! All kidding aside, great work...and great use of the ping pong table!
    Dear Vaughn... you're funny! I wish if I could own it so I can welcome all ULF 's onboard but as the shareholder I guess I can't . Come and join us if you can so we can talk all about how to avoid ULF film cost to save you the money for the cruise ship . That's the secret!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    Tri, I think I need to get a ping pong table for my apartment! Dual purpose!
    It's a MUST Jim. A multi purpose table and it will bring joy and healthiness . You can fold it halfway for your self practicing.

This is the closest I came to a working albumen print. Albumen is HARD - can't wait to give it another go though. Does anyone know how to increase contrast in the printing process? The neg works fine for Van Dyke but seems not to be enough for albumen....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bridges_Albumen.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	82480

Generally, I think the best bet is to create a negative that fits the process, rather than the other way around. Although if there is an easy way to increase contrast with albumen, go for it...I am not familar enough with the process to know.

Once I got the mechanics of the carbon process down, half the effort of fine-tuning the process was in the creation of the negative quality that worked best.

Vaughn

Cant believe my neg has too much contrast now, have been struggling with the opposite problem. 5x7 Delta 100 in D23, Salt print on COT320, with sodium citrate in the salt and gold borax toner. This was a 30 minute exposure to direct sunlight and there was some bronzing in the shadow on the left floor after exposure.

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

Well, here goes another salt print on the wrong side of Bergger Cot 320:

Hospital (Ruins). Camp Reynolds, Angel Island, California

This is a pre-World War I hospital which probably saw service during the Spanish American War or possibly earlier. For further information on Camp Reynolds and Angel see http://www.militarymuseum.org/CpReynolds.html

Toyo 45CF, 150mm Lens, Fuji Acros, foggy day. Toned with gold borax.

Thomas

GO GIANTS!!![

I was going to put this in the mistakes thread but I like it too much. Untoned, unfixed salt print on COT320. Negative is 5x7 Delta 100 in D23

Claudio Santambrogio

Quote Originally Posted by alec4444 View Post
    Does anyone know how to increase contrast in the printing process?
    How do you expose the prints? Contrast can be increased by having less strong light - i.e. when printing with sun, try printing in open shade, or on cloudy and rainy days…

Quote Originally Posted by mdm View Post
    Untoned, unfixed salt print
    Beautiful! Is it stabilized in any way, or just scanned as-is? Unfixed salt prints are way more beautiful than fixed ones

Quote Originally Posted by csant View Post
    How do you expose the prints? Contrast can be increased by having less strong light - i.e. when printing with sun, try printing in open shade, or on cloudy and rainy days…
    I have always thought it was the opposite. A slower exposure allows for the creation of a stronger printing-out image, which in turn holds back some exposure in the shadows (where it forms the strongest) and allows the highlights to expose more. This should result in a little less contrast and a more even tonality.

Vaughn

Its just exposed and scanned as its a reject. There is some flare or a light leak on the negative and I knew the paper had brush marks, I was just trying to see how a negative of that density would print, also wanted to see what it looks like positive.