Page 155 of 404 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 4031

Thread: post alternative techniques

Re: post alternative techniques

That's beautiful work, Nathan! I can't imagine the digi stuff could look any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Winger View Post
    These are some of what I did in a Mordancage workshop last weekend. They're contact prints from 4x5 - the flowers were done with a Cambo and a 210mm (IIRC) and the piano was with a speed graphic using the bottom lens from some binoculars.

Attachment 75479Attachment 75480Attachment 75481
    Mordancage stuff is just too much, I have to find the time to try it. These are awesome.

Claudio Santambrogio

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan67 View Post
    Anyhow.. I found only two posts of Lith prints...
    Maybe because lith isn't really… "alternative"? I have trouble looking at it in the same group as some of the other processes - but there is at least one website dedicate to this world that sanctions lith as "alternative", too, so who am I to say… I just don't really feel like posting my lith work in this thread… Maybe others think along similar lines?

That being said, your image is truly fantastic, well done!

With lith, I see little point in making test prints - you won't be able to control it to the point of re-doing the same print. All a "test" could really tell you is that "it worked once - good luck for the next one"

Quote Originally Posted by Jay DeFehr View Post
    That's beautiful work, Nathan! I can't imagine the digi stuff could look any better.
    Thanks Jay. and no, the digital print is not as nice as this lith print... H4D-40 vs 1950s crown graphic... hehe...

Quote Originally Posted by csant View Post
    Maybe because lith isn't really… "alternative"? I have trouble looking at it in the same group as some of the other processes - but there is at least one website dedicate to this world that sanctions lith as "alternative", too, so who am I to say… I just don't really feel like posting my lith work in this thread… Maybe others think along similar lines?

That being said, your image is truly fantastic, well done!

With lith, I see little point in making test prints - you won't be able to control it to the point of re-doing the same print. All a "test" could really tell you is that "it worked once - good luck for the next one"

Not sure why it might not be considered "alt" its not using "normal" developer, its open to so many "interpretations" of the same negative, the look can be manipulated with exposure and developer time etc.. and its certainly not mainstream.. that qualifies as alt in my book at least...

Glad you like it though I am quite new to the lith process and I find developing a few smaller prints helps me gauge when the brew comes "on song" the next few prints are great before the developer loses its mojo and the magic is over... So using smaller prints helps me hit the "sweet spot" without wasting too much paper... all other variables are of course there, but I find it helps me...

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan67 View Post
    Not sure why it might not be considered "alt" its not using "normal" developer, its open to so many "interpretations" of the same negative, the look can be manipulated with exposure and developer time etc.. and its certainly not mainstream.. that qualifies as alt in my book at least...
    well - "Most" people I know don't consider it alternative, as it is a darkroom process (just with "wrong# chemicals)...

Most images made on ready made photographic papers isn't considered alternative... or so I hear.

I don't really care - post if you want to!

warning: big post.....

But:

Today I made 4 BIG bromoils the same way. (50x70cm each). I had the idea to make them "unfinished" and having their faces and especially their eyes sharpest, while the rest was sketchy...

In the final image you can get an idea of how they look together..

something to persue... (?)

(Sinar Norma - Pol 665 pos/neg)

TINA

TOKO

RENATA

ILKA

..and here they all are put together..

Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi View Post
    ..and here they all are put together...
    Marvelous! Great technique. Makes me want to pursue bromoil prints myself.

Jonathan

I agree with Jonathan. Very well done!