Just want to say hi and of course plunge head long in with a question.
I have a Cambo 4" x 5" and have just purchased a Schneider Apo Symmar 210mm f5.6 lens to go with my Caltar 150mm. I also purchased a #1 Cambo lens board to suit the Schneider. Problem is that there is a very small screw sticking out from the back of the shutter that prevents the lens from attaching flush to the board. Winding up the mounting ring pushes the lens board up against the top of the screw such that there is a small amount of tilt / play. Can anyone please tell me the purpose of this screw and if it can be removed so that I can mount the lens flush to the board? I thought that it may have just worked loose and tightened it but it still sits proud of the surface 1 - 2mm. I did a search and found reference in one post of such a thing as an index screw. Is that what this is? The person who wrote that post said to remove it. Any comments?
The lens board is flush on both sides around the mounting hole. Should there be a recess for the screw head to fit into?

I am a fine art photographer and artist using both film and digital. I also shoot weddings, portraits and commercial work.

Cheers