Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: May/June View Camera

Eric Woodbury

Re: May/June View Camera

The question might be, has it been more than 60 days since the last issue arrived. He really should take the month off the magazine.
    my picture blog
    ejwoodbury.blogspot.com

I am in Missouri and have not seen my copy yet. This is July for God's sake!!!!!!

Steve, you are in control of the magazine - it's YOUR baby. It's YOUR publication. You could have easily rectified a situation over the phone today. You chose not to. That's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Woodbury View Post
    The question might be, has it been more than 60 days since the last issue arrived. He really should take the month off the magazine.
    I think Steve should combine the September/October and the November/December issues into one and make it a little fatter than usual. That way, with one issue, he gets caught up.

All magazines are suffering greatly from low ad revenue.

Playboy combined its July/August issue into one, and it is a lot slimmer than one regular issue usually is.

One magazine that seems to thrive is B&W. The guy who created it sold it to HugeAmalgamatedGiantCompany Inc. The new company promptly doubled the price of ads, and it seems to be flourishing.

Quote Originally Posted by David Spivak-Focus Magazine View Post
    Steve, you are in control of the magazine - it's YOUR baby. It's YOUR publication. You could have easily rectified a situation over the phone today. You chose not to. That's sad.
    Details, please....

Quote Originally Posted by William McEwen View Post
    I think Steve should combine the September/October and the November/December issues into one and make it a little fatter than usual. That way, with one issue, he gets caught up.

All magazines are suffering greatly from low ad revenue.

Playboy combined its July/August issue into one, and it is a lot slimmer than one regular issue usually is.

One magazine that seems to thrive is B&W. The guy who created it sold it to HugeAmalgamatedGiantCompany Inc. The new company promptly doubled the price of ads, and it seems to be flourishing.
    B&W US or B&W UK?

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about B&W US at all, but the amount of ads they have in their issues since September is quite tiny. I think they only have 4 or 5 ads and the rest are those little 1/4 page ads. Their ad prices have been the same for a while...

Quote Originally Posted by William McEwen View Post
    Details, please....
    I don't want to get into it... I'm certainly not one to lecture on customer service, I've had my issues in the past. But at the same time - if a publisher of another photography magazine would call me up and ask if he could receive a copy of your latest issue, I would bend over backwards for him... not argue about it over the phone.

B&W US or B&W UK?
    B&W [US] and Black & White [UK] are both excellent, but I was referring to B&W.

Lascassas, TN

I have not received my copy yet. Mail runs 2 to 3 days late in rural Tennessee. I also wish it was timelier, but my main concern is that the magazine will not be available at all. I enjoy the magazine enough that I will tolerate the delays. It is the best and only large format photography magazine available.

So folks – less bashing and more support.
    Bill Kumpf

I don't want to get into it... I'm certainly not one to lecture on customer service, I've had my issues in the past. But at the same time - if a publisher of another photography magazine would call me up and ask if he could receive a copy of your latest issue, I would bend over backwards for him... not argue about it over the phone.
    And I would keep it to myself and not bash a fellow publisher in a public forum.

When you throw mud on someone else, you always get some on yourself.

Substitute mud with S$%T for the actual expression.

bob