Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Previsualized what is it?

Re: Previsualized what is it?

It means to see the finished print in the minds eye. I can't do that right now because my minds eye needs glasses and the eye doctor can't get in there to do the exam.

I'm using ideation right now instead of previsualization.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Quote Originally Posted by jim kitchen View Post
    Gentlemen,

I believe that Ansel may have published the term several years after he photographed the "Monolith, The Face of Half Dome, Yosemite National Park, 1927," as a reference note in "The Making of 40 Photographs."

I know I've been wrong before...
    I know this "who said it first" discussion upsets (or perhaps offends, I'm not sure) some participants... but who-said-it-first is an important legal and academic concept, and I can't seem to help myself sometimes.

I'd never agree that you are wrong, or have ever been wrong but in this situaiton you might be slightly mistaken. The terms "visualization" and "first concious visualization" are used in that description of Monolith in The Making. Perhaps he was thinking 'previsualization' but doesn't appear to have written it... unless there has been a change in text from the first to later editions.

In the Glossary he defines Visualization as "The process of "seeing" the final print while viewing the subject..."

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Quote Originally Posted by Turner Reich View Post
    I'm using ideation right now instead of previsualization.
    I'm using pre-ideation right now. In time I'll let you know how things turn out.