Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's happening at SheetFilm.be?

Re: What's happening at SheetFilm.be?

website was down some time, but its back for now. my case is like that:
    Ordered on 2009-05-14
    Payed on 2009-05-18
    Handling/Production started on 2009-07-06
    Shipped on 2009-07-22

i got email from him, like week ago, that films arrived and he will forward them asap. so it would be great, if i get my 50 sheets of 4x5" film.

but trip to belguim would be fun, see movie 'In Bruges'

Since I started this thread, I should also provide information how the order is developing in my case:

I have placed my order on 16th May approximately. On Friday 24th July I have received part of the films I ordered (all the NP22). At the same time I have also ordered some NP24 to try out, and this one was not shipped. Geert said he did not receive it from the factory, and would send it as soon as he gets it.

So it seems the only problem is Geert's communication (or lack thereof), and longer deliveries which you (the customer) are not clearly made aware of, sometimes even a bit misinformed.

Jiri
    Jiri Vasina
    www.vasina.net

@ Google+ | @ Facebook | @ flickr

My books @ Blurb (only heavily outdated "Serene Landscape").

My case:

Ordered on 2009-04-08
    Payed on 2009-04-08
    Handling/Production started on 2009-06-22
    Shipped on awaiting shipping

No answer to any email.

I'm a very unhappy customer.

my film arrived today. so quite fast, consider days after film arrived to geert. just 5 days. i cant say am i happy or unhappy customer, film is cheap and they dont sell large format films in our country at all. so im happy that i got film and did'nt spend much. i did'nt panic, id did'nt spam geert with emails. i just sent 1 email after paying, asking about film and then i was patient. as jiri was saying, not everything depends on geert. but littlebit more communication would be great.

so i did get my films in 2,5 months

Quote Originally Posted by Jiri Vasina View Post
    Since I started this thread, I should also provide information how the order is developing in my case:

I have placed my order on 16th May approximately. On Friday 24th July I have received part of the films I ordered (all the NP22). At the same time I have also ordered some NP24 to try out, and this one was not shipped. Geert said he did not receive it from the factory, and would send it as soon as he gets it.

So it seems the only problem is Geert's communication (or lack thereof), and longer deliveries which you (the customer) are not clearly made aware of, sometimes even a bit misinformed.

Jiri
    Another follow up - the Wephota NP24 will not be available for extended period of time, and I have received full refund 7-10days ago. So I stand by my previous statement:

"So it seems the only problem is Geert's communication (or lack thereof), and longer deliveries which you (the customer) are not clearly made aware of, sometimes even a bit misinformed."

Would I order again? Well, I would definitely not say a strict "no", but would have to think twice... (and would time it better as to my remaining stock).

Jiri
    Jiri Vasina
    www.vasina.net

joseph

Quote Originally Posted by IanG View Post
    Just remember it's extremely easy to make your own screen.
    Ian, what did you do for grits?
    Do you have a source?

I made a couple of screens, but my grits were quite coarse-
    I used a valve grinding paste-
    and I'd like to do a little better-

How did yours turn out?

I might drop you a line if you don't happen to see this...

joseph

By the way, Jiri, which film do you prefer: Wephota or Foma?
    "I believe there is nothing more disturbing than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept!" (Ansel Adams)

https://philippe.grunchec-photographe.over-blog.com/

Philippe, both and neither

Each is different. I like Foma's spectral sensitivity, or to be less scientific I like how it renders the colors, the scene. Also I understand a bit more it's response to brightness ranges. I don't like that much the graininess of the film (well, that's funny, how can one complain about grain from a slow speed film on a 13x18cm format!?!? It is only valid in relation or comparison to any no-grain film like the Wephota NP15, Efke 25, or the few sheets of Technical Pan I have used). And I really don't like the reciprocity characteristics - this is one of the reasons I have avoided night scenes so far.

The Wephota NP15 film appeals to me with it's lack of grain and resulting smoothness of tones, transitions. This is especially true if shot for (very) long exposures - tens of seconds to minutes. I have not yet used that film so much that I would understand it's tonal characteristics so well, so it's not that natural for me when choosing a film. (As well as Efke 25 - I use both of these slow films because each is available in different sizes. I do not want to cut film myself unless it is necessary - and for 5x8" it is necessary).

The Wephota NP22 I use as a cheap faster film available in 3x4 format only. If Foma 100 was available in 3x4 format, I'd not care for the NP22 (though the real speed is 2/3~1 stop faster for the NP22 for my way of metering and developing). It's more temperamental and less forgiving than Fomapan 100.

Jiri
    Jiri Vasina
    www.vasina.net

Quote Originally Posted by jb7 View Post
    Ian, what did you do for grits?
    Do you have a source?

I made a couple of screens, but my grits were quite coarse-
    I used a valve grinding paste-
    and I'd like to do a little better-

How did yours turn out?

I might drop you a line if you don't happen to see this...

joseph
    Luckily I spotted it

Lapidiary suppliers sell grits for stone polishing, which are ideal, there should be one in Dublin. Grits are cheap & so is glass so try two or 3 grades and see which you prefer.

I haven't really decided yet what grade I prefer my cameras needing glass are all in the UK so it's a project on hold at the moment. I think I bought 400, 800 & 1200 grits.

My first was using fine vavle grinding paste and it's a touch too coarse. Ideally I'd like to get fresnels as well as it makes a huge differance when working hand held.

Ian