Hello,

Any suggestions regarding various methods of switching between the following monitor configurations would be appreciated as there are a number of hardware switches on the market, as well as software controls available with XP and CS3.

I have an older NEC CRT monitor with a DVI and VGA interface, as well as a new 26” NEC WUXI with the colorimeter for photo editing. I would like find a simple and yet quality means to switch between using my older monitor for day to day use as one mode, and using the NEC WUXI as the main Photoshop editing screen along with the Photoshop palettes running simultaneously on the older NEC CRT, as the other monitor configuration mode.

I’m running XP with CS3 on a quad core AMD Phenom 2, 4 gigs ram, Gigabyte mobo with 2 AGP ports with only one GeoForce PX6800 video card in one of the AGP slots. The video card only has one DVI port as well as the VGA port but if needed the older NEC CRT could be run in VGA mode during editing. Buying another video card with 2 DVI ports or a second video card with a DVI out is also possible.

I started reading about all the various possibilities and thought it would be wiser to ask all the wonderful and knowledgeable members here.

All the best for your travels and photography this summer!

Dave J