Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: May and June show in St Johns, Oregon

May and June show in St Johns, Oregon

Hi folks,
    I have a new show of 8x10 contact prints at Proper Eats Cafe at 8638 N Lombard St. in St Johns (Portland). It's called "The Night Shift." All images were shot last winter at night with exposures ranging from 2.5 to 24 minutes. The show goes from May 1 to June 30 2009.

Thanks!
    --Gary

Re: May and June show in St Johns, Oregon

I may just check it out, but only passing through for a day next month.
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover"
    August Rodin

My Now old Photo Site

I was just in there last night. It is a good place to hang out awhile with music and good food and prints on the walls.
    Dennis

Then you could head over and visit "Bluemoon camera and typewriter" Great place to see camera gear.
    Hope your show is a smashing hit!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Brummitt View Post
    Then you could head over and visit "Bluemoon camera and typewriter" Great place to see camera gear.
    Hope your show is a smashing hit!
    I just plunked down $300.00 at Blue Moon this afternoon. I went in just to look around and kill some time, and left with 4 boxes of 5x7 film, a box of Ilford paper, and 4 5x7 film holders. And, yes, it's a wonderful camera store. Jake, Zeb, and all the gang are knowledgeable and friendly. Go there. Spend money. I'm not a spokesman, just a loyal customer.

This will be my second show at Proper Eats. I was their inaugeral artist three years ago, and they actually wanted me back.

--Gary

Bluemoon is a neat store. I enjoy going in there and looking at the gear.

hey cool, i'm up that way a lot. i'll definitely check it out. blue moon seems to be the nexus for a new photo community up there, which is great. do they stock a lot of sheet film? i usually get mine online and have never asked.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    hey cool, i'm up that way a lot. i'll definitely check it out. blue moon seems to be the nexus for a new photo community up there, which is great. do they stock a lot of sheet film? i usually get mine online and have never asked.
    Ahh... I don't know if they sell large format film. I'm sure they do. They have lots and lots of wonderful cameras and gear. Here is their website address, http://www.bluemooncamera.com
    Jake is a cool guy and Zeke is a great Pinhole photographer.

I don't go there as offen I should but that because my wife and kids like to eat and if I went to Blue moon, my family would not eat much. If you know what I mean.

oh, but there's a GREAT taqueria across the street...surely they could eat there...?

j/k i know what you mean

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Brummitt View Post
    Ahh... I don't know if they sell large format film. I'm sure they do. They have lots and lots of wonderful cameras and gear. Here is their website address, http://www.bluemooncamera.com
    Jake is a cool guy and Zeke is a great Pinhole photographer.

I don't go there as offen I should but that because my wife and kids like to eat and if I went to Blue moon, my family would not eat much. If you know what I mean.
    They do sell sheet film. They stock Ilford 4x5, 5x7, and 8x10 on a regular basis.