Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Extremely Long Apo Ronars?

Re: Extremely Long Apo Ronars?

This cable closes the shutter if a holder is put between the groundglass und back!

Cheers Armin

Quote Originally Posted by Armin Seeholzer View Post
    This cable closes the shutter if a holder is put between the groundglass und back!

Cheers Armin
    Thanks guys, I just didn't notice it was the special shutter in question, hence my wondering...

After a very long wait I was able to have a properly reinforced Deardorff board built to be able to use my Apo-Ronar 1000/16 on my 14x17 Lotus. I think it is the 6 lens version. I will also have to put a second tripod to support the front standard, given the weight of the beast. What helps with the Lotus is the presence of a locking mechanism in the front standard that prevents any downward movement even with extremely heavy lenses. Having said this, I am not contemplating any tilt just yet! The bellows extension plus the lever effect on the front standard will create ample opportunities for horrific vibrations ... hmmmmm .... we'll see...

Summer is coming ....

no shutter?

Re: How's This For Bellows Extension?............................

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Unkefer View Post
    Three 18" Rails, Two Auxiliary Standards, Two Pan-Tilt Heads, Two Tripods, 5x7 Norma. Very Solid on Concrete Floor. New 600mm F9 Apo-Ronar on Forward-Mounted Norma Cone Board, found when spring-cleaning in my Studio . Need a few more 18" Rails, another Auxiliary Standard (for Compendium Hood) and I'm about all set to use this setup. Also with the new 760mm F9 Apo-Ronar.

Did Sinar make an extra-long Norma cable, to go from the shutter to the rear standard? Have to find one of those, also.
    Erm... uh... Daniel, I throw you roses for trying this, but I have to say you just dissuaded me from acquiring or attempting to use any longer lenses than the 530mm Cooke Process Anastigmat Vb I already own. Your attached photo could almost be captioned: "Visual demonstration of the law of diminishing returns".

how about THIS----11x14 2d with 2 metres of bellows to use 44" xxl schneider

grumpy & miserable Joseph O'Neil's Avatar

600mm apo-ronar pon my old C1 8x10. I was going to say "mnorail", but I guess it's a "dual-rail",eh?

My "shutter" at this point is my lens cap, slow film, F64 and "onesteamboat, twosteamboat..." .

I do have 2 or 3 packard shutters (2 in workign condition) and if time ever permits, I want to build a box behind a couple of my process lenses, including my apo-ronar, but right now i find it hard to just get time in the darkroom or to even shoot. Also if I win a lottery, maybe a new 8x10 feild camera too.

About the re-inforced lens boards, I ended up going to a local commercail-industrial plastic supplier, and had custom made/cut 1/4 inch thick black plexiglass baords to hold the weight. the front I left shinny and the inside of the lens board I first scored up with snadpaper to make a matte, non-reflective surface for inside the camera on the back of the lens board.

This particualr lens itself was one I personally took off an old process camera, specifcially the St. Thomas Times-Journal newspaper of St. Thomas, Ontario (the place Jumbo the elephant was killed by a train, and not too far away either from the actual spot). The newspaper is now part of a larger chain, and very little is done on process cameras anymore, anywhere, or so it seems. My other process lenses are form the old camera that used to be used in the Dept. of Cartography at the University of Western Ontario, I have a small apo - artar I use on my 4x5, and a nice Brown process lens, measured in inches - forget the exact length, but works out to 355mm. all F9

Edit-
    I jsut noticed I cought a lens in teh background. In case you are wondering, it's an old aerial camera lens. Maybe I'll do a new thread about it

joe
    eta gosha maaba, aaniish gaa zhiwebiziyin ?

Here are some numbers from my 1000/16 Apo-Ronar CL on the 14x17 Lotus.

Maximum bellows extension: 1200mm
    Minimum focus distance @ max bellows extension (film plane to subject): 7m @ f/45
    No sign of vignetting @ f/16

Kevin Kolosky

I wonder how these monster Klimsch Apo Ronars compare to the other Apo Ronars?

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c87/22wrf/004.jpg

I was very sorely tempted to bid on this one, but it's one that would require a 5x7 Sinar Norma front standard and special Sinar Norma 5x7/8x10 bellows, which I don't have at this point. So I let it go. The price was right considering.

The 1070mm (42") F14 Rodenstock Apo-Ronar:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260839834487...84.m1423.l2649
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain