Page 260 of 655 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262270310360 ... LastLast
Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 6546

Thread: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

Re: Images shot on X-ray film

I have not used any filtration Eric the most frustrating thing to me was the light variation of this enlarger,
    so I used my meter and did a reading with the 35mm carrier and light just over the printing frame and the difference was astounding,
    almost 1 EV between centre to the edge: the readings below were after a hour or so of repositioning the globe to get the most even light I could!
    readings for the light sensitivity:
    the light readings are over the area of a A4 size, with a 35 neg carrier the above readings were different by up to 1.5 ev so now having .2 or .3 I can manage that ( I hope)
    I did a table of the readings but the upload scrambles them so I have included a I-Phone shot of the readings.apoligies for the dullness of the shot but you will get the idea.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-04-26 07.35.59.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	114347

Barry Kirsten

Nice images, Bazz. Out of interest, where do you get xray film in Oz? I've previously tried and found that Oz suppliers will only sell to 'trade', and internet sources will not ship to Aust. for some reason. Very frustrating sourcing stuff for photography in this country. Thanks,

This is a pet peeve of mine so perhaps some of our fellow members could purchase 100 sheets and post the box to us, although some of the BS attitudes to postage
    from our allies is a little hard to understand, I would be more than happy to send over the funds for another box of the fuji HRT 8x10 + postage cost etc,
    I believe that Fuji Australia have the market sown up and do not allow external imports to Australia Barry, the box I got was through my Chiropractor and price was very reasonable $50 AU or so,
    he gave the task to a secretary and they then asked her ,she had no clue!what they were going to do with it and all heck blew in, finally after 2-3 phone calls a dealer was introduced and the price went to $110AU.
    And that was for 180mmx240mm since as we are metric size users, so my above solution may be the answer for us but I have hit the same barriers that you have.
    I got 2 boxes last Xmas from a US salvage store and the price was quite reasonable $38 US each so I sent a message to esquire the combining of postage and buying 2 boxes they had shipping at $58 per box
    so I got $10Us of the postage,so back to $170 US: all arrived withing 2-3 weeks total postage cost $38 dollars for both boxes!!!!!!!!! so 38+38+38=$114US more BS 55 handling I presume. I emailed them but not even a responce.
    So xray could be so much cheaper but .....................................................................................................any one who could assist please PM Barry and Barry.

The dark blur behind their heads is a bush and a little bit of shade as well Stone

Randy, could I see some pictures of that holder??? I'm trying to figure out how to do some holders myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Yes Jim!

And, you are correct the scratches come from the flap of the holder. Took me awhile to figure that out.

I don't scratch normal film.

My DIY 11X14 holder is very gentle, with it's acrylic slots and no flap. Studio only.

Jim, have you tried the high priced SS X-Ray? It even has a notch!

You can find it in DIY, under 11x14 film holder. You can search for it. I would also have to search for it.

Nothing fancy, just tape, plastic and matt board installed on an old copy camera holder.

Quote Originally Posted by trundrumbalind View Post
    Randy, could I see some pictures of that holder??? I'm trying to figure out how to do some holders myself!

diy 18x24cm camera with diy film holder
    Zeiss Tessar 210

Quote Originally Posted by grzybu View Post

diy 18x24cm camera with diy film holder
    Zeiss Tessar 210
    Hello! I'm about to build some holders myself, would you mind sharing how you did yours??

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img023.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	116357

Seneca/National 8x10, Fujinon 240mm, f9 lens, F45/6 sec, Fuji HRT Blue X-ray @ 100, D76 1:1, Ilford Multigrade IV RC Glossy, Dektol 1:2

Great photo. I bet that shadow detail is even better on a wet print.

Vince Donovan

Re: X-ray Film example and comparison.

Fuji HR-S 8x10 film
    exposed at ISO 80, using studio strobes
    Xtol 1:1
    6 minutes @ 68 degrees
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 14159228567_2a35d0d54e_b.jpg  

Finally got to meet my granddaughter Charlotte, almost 1 1/2 years old - first of many to be taken with 8X10.

CSX Green in HC-110 "H" / Caltar S II 300mm
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52893762/bigger4b.jpg