Page 262 of 655 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272312362 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 6546

Thread: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

Re: Images shot on X-ray film

Try it! I will try Yellow Green next time. This film is very nice. Just proper handle and you'll get good result like normal Panchro films!

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I see, interesting, thanks!

Cemetery gate di Filippo Natali, su Flickr

5x7" albument print from Kodak T-Mat Xray film developed with Pyrocat-HDC
    Filippo

I don't know if there are degrees of "orthocromatic-ism" but from my experience the green latitude film doesn't seem to be completely orthochromatic. I guess a good test would be to take a picture of a red object and see how it registers on the film. The tractor below is a rusty red color and pretty much looks in real life just as it looks after scanning the neg - no filtration used.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52893762/bigger4b.jpg

Randy, i'm very amazed with this Fuji HRT green latitude film. With a good light and yellow filter it seems to look like an IR film! The dynamic range is superb!
    I just wish all green latitude film is like the HRT. I'm running out of my film! Hopefully i could find one here in Iran

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    I don't know if there are degrees of "orthocromatic-ism" but from my experience the green latitude film doesn't seem to be completely orthochromatic. I guess a good test would be to take a picture of a red object and see how it registers on the film. The tractor below is a rusty red color and pretty much looks in real life just as it looks after scanning the neg - no filtration used.

Well, thank you for the info, I'm also thinking that perhaps because it is a red eight it is a mixture of other colors and it is a die and not the actual light itself? And maybe that the other colored dyes workmen in the actual paint are coming through? Anyway thanks for the info I will certainly tested out once I have a better system in place, right now I don't even have any 11x14 holders, i'm using a home made one but it doesn't function very well, and I can only load one image today because I have to load in darkness and I don't have a dark room, so if I actually can get my hands on some 11 x 14 film holders then I can do more images per day and have a better ability to test. Thanks.

Large Format Rocks ImSoNegative's Avatar

green hrt is what I used when shooting 8x10, great xray film, I don't even think I ever used a yellow filter with it
    "WOW! Now thats a big camera. By the way, how many megapixels is that thing?"

I think I will do a test with three objects side by side, red, blue, green, under full sun and another under overcast sky's, just to get and idea of how the film records. Seems like I just never take the time these days to do simple tests...
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52893762/bigger4b.jpg

Good idea! Please keep us updated! I'm very curious with this since the images i made using Yellow filter with Green latitude film is a bit different from the one without. Maybe the light and the scene are a big factor? I hope someone could chime in and show their X-ray shots with filters!

I think I will do a test with three objects side by side, red, blue, green, under full sun and another under overcast sky's, just to get and idea of how the film records. Seems like I just never take the time these days to do simple tests...

Quote Originally Posted by tenderobject View Post
    Good idea! Please keep us updated! I'm very curious with this since the images i made using Yellow filter with Green latitude film is a bit different from the one without. Maybe the light and the scene are a big factor? I hope someone could chime in and show their X-ray shots with filters!
    I'm going to try this with the ektascan, I've used AGFA green x-ray film and it's nice but I feel like because I'm using a drum to develop, it's better to use single side emulsions, and as far as I know the ektascan is the only x-ray film that's single sided?

I think there are few more X-ray film with single sided emulsion. I've been seeing these type lately. But it would be very expensive than the normal films? How much for 100sheets / 1 box ektascan? I wish all green latitude film from different manufacturers are all the same in quality. I'm running out of film so i need a new box soon but it would be hard for me to find Fuji films here in Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I'm going to try this with the ektascan, I've used AGFA green x-ray film and it's nice but I feel like because I'm using a drum to develop, it's better to use single side emulsions, and as far as I know the ektascan is the only x-ray film that's single sided?