Page 299 of 655 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309349399 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 6546

Thread: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

Re: X-ray Film example and comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by axs810 View Post
    I tried skimming a few pages but it's easier for me just to ask...

How do you all store your Kodak Ektascan B/RA film? I usually store my Tri-x in a black bag in my vegetable drawer in the fridge, but am wondering if the xray will be able to handle temperature changes? Would it be best to just store this stuff at room temperature? Thanks! (and sorry if not reading previous posts annoys a few of you)
    Why do some people always want to take the easy route? Most of us have spent many hours reading and testing. You can do the same thing rather than riding someone else's horse.

Ok sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    I cannot find Mark Osterman books on dry plate. You mention John Coffer, do you know if his DVD includes dry plate? I'm a book learner and avoid workshops.
    Here is the address for Mark Ostermans recipe, it has a link in it which gives a more in depth explanation of the process, it is very interesting and explains how the emulsion can be manipulated to give you a faster emulsion and a more sensitive one. Good reading. No I don't do workshops very well, its just someone telling you what you can find on the net for free.
    Another good source, though I'm probably trying to teach you to suck eggs, is Youtube. A guy called Borut Peterlin on you tube is very entertaining and has some great tips. Though it is wet plate collodion.

http://thelightfarm.com/Map/DryPlate...PlatePart4.htm

I don't know about John Coffer and dry plate? Just interested in his wet plate collodion. You would have to check out his site.

Re: Images shot on X-ray film

Quote Originally Posted by kanga View Post
    Sorry my English is not too good..

So:
    I tried on 8x10" this lens: Fujinon-W 250/6,3 but not really enough...
    Are you use a long time ago this lens for 8x10?
    Do you have any Vignetta, darkness in the corners, when you use correction (horizontal/vertical)?
    My serial number is: 494117 and yours?
    Thank you!
    kanga, sorry for late answer.
    my is 493... it is the same lens.
    the lens is good enough for 8x10 wide open in portrait distance (2-3m and more to model) with some movements
    yes, i have vignetting and darkness in the corners if i have to much movements, but when, then i try to do my shots anotherway (read without movements or a bit less movements) if i would like to have 8x10 full of image. on the otherside i make my contact prints on 18x24 paper. it meens i have to crop

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Donald,

The best emulsion advice for DIY I have found, is published by Denise Ross, http://www.thelightfarm.com/
    Wow, that resource didn't exist last time I looked at making my own film. I'll have to look through her site in more detail; it certainly seems as if, as long as we can get acetate and glass, we'll be able to keep doing what we do (I have a couple 9x12 cm plate cameras, I can shoot glass without any more effort than pulling the film sheaths out of the plate holders -- and in that size, it isn't all that heavy). I'll have to look in more detail to see if she's at least come up with (or found and pointed to) a path to ortho sensitivity without exotic sensitizing dyes. If I can make an ISO 25 equivalent emulsion for film and plates, and control contrast in an emulsion to coat on paper for prints, I'll be able to do this as long as I can lift my tripod, regardless of what the film industry does.
    If a contact print at arm's length is too small to see, you need a bigger camera. :D

Quote Originally Posted by andrewch59 View Post
    Here is the address for Mark Ostermans recipe, it has a link in it which gives a more in depth explanation of the process, it is very interesting and explains how the emulsion can be manipulated to give you a faster emulsion and a more sensitive one. Good reading. No I don't do workshops very well, its just someone telling you what you can find on the net for free.
    Another good source, though I'm probably trying to teach you to suck eggs, is Youtube. A guy called Borut Peterlin on you tube is very entertaining and has some great tips. Though it is wet plate collodion.

http://thelightfarm.com/Map/DryPlate...PlatePart4.htm

I don't know about John Coffer and dry plate? Just interested in his wet plate collodion. You would have to check out his site.
    Wow, just reread the link above and it is a much improved and understandable recipe, with pictures. This is doable.

I have 100 thin plates of 5x7 glass, much of the lab gear, and now the winter to gather supplies and try it.

I was unaware of John Coffer and his workshops sound terrific.

Great links!
    Tin Can

I thought I'd try out my recently acquired 335mm Wollaston Meniscus lens. Kodak Ektascan B/RA X-ray film. Shot wide open. EI 80. Developed in pyrocat-hd.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jazzzz.jpg  

That's on 8x10, probably?
    Thanks, but I'd rather just watch:
    Large format: http://flickr.com/michaeldarnton
    Mostly 35mm: http://flickr.com/mdarnton
    You want digital, color, etc?: http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradofear

Yessiree! Got some 14x17 but my camera needs some repairs first...bellows is stiffer than the drink I poured last night.

Re: Images shot on X-ray film

Quote Originally Posted by pasiasty View Post

http://fav.me/d7na8cn
    Mentor Panorama
    Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 300/4.5
    Foma Medix XBU
    Świetny portret.

Ja dziś testowałem nowy film RTG, Fuji UM-MA, jego zaleta, emulsja tylko po jednej stronie. Wstępnie świeciłem 64asa bo tak mi wychodziło na poprzednim filmie Fuji SuperRX więc od tego zacząłem.
    Rodinal 1:100, 12 minut w kuwecie przy czerownym świetle. Negatyw wygląda dobrze, zobaczymy...
    Pozdrawiam.