I need a new tripod and head for my Burke & James 8x10 field camera, as the Linh of set that came with the camera are not working for me for many reasons. I've r ead through the tripod threads again, and learned what I can online, but I still don't know... I can't afford any of the Ries or Gitzo that are recommended for the format, so while I'm sure they are fine tripods, they're not an option for m e. It looks like Benbo and Berlebach are too lightweight for my needs. I need to be able to go fairly low, like down to a foot from the ground, and I need a he ad that is strong enough to hold the camera steady even with the bellows fully e xtended and a heavy lens on front, and I need something I can use on uneven grou nd so I want the legs to be easily adjusted to different heights and angles. Giv en all my restrictions and limitations, I'm not coming up with much. I'm looking at the Calumet midpro and the head that goes with it, but they are apparently n ew and a search on the name delivers no hits. (It's possible I spelled it wrong and didn't notice; I'm that tired and then some.) In Bogen/Manfrotti the only tr ipod left after my elimination process was the 3051. (Oh, I should say that weig ht isn't an issue for me because I'll have a cart to carry the equipment.) I hav en't even started looking at heads, but the Bogen 3039 was recommended to me by someone at a camera store. She also recommended the Bogen 3021 tripod, which I d on't think is adequate and for which Bogen's maximum load spec is 13 pounds, so I'm not sure how much weight to give her other suggestions. I would appreciate any thoughts or ideas; thanks, Katharine