Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Photo Scanner

Thumbs up Best Photo Scanner

Hello!

I'm looking for a photo scanner to scan pictures, small to large formats and provide scanning services for those who want to convert their old family pictures to digital files. I've been "researching" on the internet for the "best" scanner and cannot come to a conclusion, yet. So I'm asking for your help, anyone with actual experience or knowledge on scanners that can do the following.....

1) OS X compatible
    2) High DPI output
    3) Firewire or wireless connection
    4) 20 PPM or higher
    5) Has an automatic document/photo feeder

Your help would greatly be appreciated!

Re: Best Photo Scanner

You would probably be best off with a run of the mill office document scanner. You don't need huge dynamic range or very high resolution to scan printed paper, chemical, inkjet, or dye sub prints.

Don't expect great quality!

Quote Originally Posted by aphexafx View Post
    You would probably be best off with a run of the mill office document scanner. You don't need huge dynamic range or very high resolution to scan printed paper, chemical, inkjet, or dye sub prints.

Don't expect great quality!

You're probably correct. However, I'm asking for specific recommendations for the quickest automatic feed scanner with a good digital output (no printing needed) that works with OS X. There are several good "run of the mill" scanners but which one would anyone recommend for me to use to scan 50,000 pictures in one month, month after month?

Quote Originally Posted by Macovial View Post
    You're probably correct. However, I'm asking for specific recommendations for the quickest automatic feed scanner with a good digital output (no printing needed) that works with OS X. There are several good "run of the mill" scanners but which one would anyone recommend for me to use to scan 50,000 pictures in one month, month after month?
    Assuming that you work 4 weeks a month, 40 hours per week, that is a scan of 1 print every 11.5 seconds without fail. For high res scans, I think that is an ambitious plan. Perhaps you need 20 basic scanners and a staff of people to run them?

Quote Originally Posted by jeroldharter View Post
    Assuming that you work 4 weeks a month, 40 hours per week, that is a scan of 1 print every 11.5 seconds without fail. For high res scans, I think that is an ambitious plan. Perhaps you need 20 basic scanners and a staff of people to run them?
    Maybe. Any suggestions?

Automatic feed with old photos? Doesn't that sound like recipe for disaster?

How about a couple people running dSlrs on copy stands?

Thumbs down Re: Best Photo Scanner

Quote Originally Posted by Peter J. De Smidt View Post
    Automatic feed with old photos? Doesn't that sound like recipe for disaster?

How about a couple people running dSlrs on copy stands?

Looks like nobody here understands what I'm asking for. I'm not asking for opinions on how to run a business. What I'm asking for is any recommendations for a premium scanner (specs listed on previous posts) based on personal scanner experience, that's all.

Sounds like and appears like everyone here is like a bunch of old ladies who love to give their random opinions, not listening and answering the (repeated) original question. I already have grandmothers and mothers doing the same thing and I don't need anymore.

I'm done with this forum. Looks like no one knows anything.

Don't let the door....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter J. De Smidt View Post
    Don't let the door....
    (snorting) That's the best recommendation I've heard in this forum. Thanks grandma.

Photographer, Machinist, etc. Jeffrey Sipress's Avatar

Mac, what part of "50,000 a month?!?!?" don't you get?

"Looks like no one knows anything." Sorry, the only one who knows nothing is you.