Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Cezanne Colorgenius software

Re: Cezanne Colorgenius software

Just checked my user manual. It says avoid ammonia based cleaners.

I don't think I would be afraid of Windex w/o ammonia, if it were mine and was dirty and dingy.

They can be replaced, Screen can provide replacements. It really handicaps your Cezanne as it is a critical part of the imaging process.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Peter York View Post
    I recall examining my calibration strip when I purchased the scanner and it was a bit dingy in areas. I left it alone due to fear of damaging it. Any recommendations on how to clean this?

You'd probably want to use a new scanner wipe, I have the Prazio brand, or a new micro fiber cloth.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Hi,

I have just bought a Cezanne scanner and need some help to get it started up.

I have a G4 which I use for scanning with a Flextight 343
    It's got a adaptec 2906 scsi card with a 25 pin connector (on the computers side).
    However, the scanner came with a scsi cable with 50 pin connector (SCSI-2 ?)
    In the mean time I bought a Adaptec 2930U card with the right connector, but I can't find a driver for it. Or could it be that the driver is in the CROMs on the board?

Or can I use the cable from the flextight (with the 25-pin connector) to connect the scanner?

Thanks for any feedback of how your system is set up

Pierre

Hi,

I have just bought a Cezanne scanner and need some help to get it started up.

I have a G4 which I use for scanning with a Flextight 343
    It's got a adaptec 2906 scsi card with a 25 pin connector (on the computers side).
    However, the scanner came with a scsi cable with 50 pin connector (SCSI-2 ?)
    In the mean time I bought a Adaptec 2930U card with the right connector, but I can't find a driver for it. Or could it be that the driver is in the CROMs on the board?

Or can I use the cable from the flextight (with the 25-pin connector) to connect the scanner?

Thanks for any feedback on how your system is set up

Pierre

Have you tried it without the driver? Adaptec says it only lists drivers for the systems that are not already supported, which the Mac at that time probably was.
    I'm not sure how picky the scanner is in this regard, however. It could be useful to create some shared info on what does and what does not work.

I'm not a scsi expert, but I think you'll need the specific connection. I.e., I don't think the 25-pin cable will work.

I think that was a standard apple part. As such, the driver _might_ be included in the operating system. A quick search only brought up Windows drivers.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”

Hello again,

thanks for the answers.

I installed the 2930CU card and powered up the scanner.
    After a while, I got the power and home leds lighting up green and the other two were out so that's good.
    But then I tried to install the Colorgenius sotware and here the Mac gave an error message.
    It said that the "Classic" application was not found (or something of the likes)
    I understand this is because I have a Colorgenius version 1.0.3 ( I have an update to 1.0.4 too) but the OS is X10.2.8
    So I need a Colorgenius version 2.x.x I guess.

I've seen some messages treating this issue, but I don't really find a solution.
    (Sheepshaver? Buy another Mac running under OS9 ?....)

Any advice would be welcome.
    Thanks ,
    Pierre

Right, CGI needs OS9. Can you dual boot?

Would anyone have an installation file for DustaLaVista that they would be willing to share? It can be created from an installation disk using Disk Utility on the Mac.

I have a Cezanne Elite but unfortunately I am missing this program that would really help for scanning film.

thanks

Jude

Hi I picked up a Cezanne s5000 and I'm in need of a copy of color genius. I have the updates provide by screen but no installation file for the program If anyone would has a copy of this software please let me know. Thanks