Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eversmart Jazz+ replacement bulb

Eversmart Jazz+ replacement bulb

Hello all,

I'm looking for a replacement bulb for my Jazz+ scanner. Model# NEC FL15AD/70. I've ordered 3 from interlight.biz, but it's unclear when these bulbs will come back in stock. When I ordered them on the 19th they said they'd have them on the 24th of March, but now the site says 4/28/09 and I haven't received any notifications. I've emailed Interlight.biz, but have not heard back. I don't have a problem waiting for the bulbs, but I do need to get at least one replacement asap, as my transparency bulb is close to dead. Does anyone here have an extra they can part with or have another lead on these bulbs? Any help would be appreciated.

Bryan

Re: Eversmart Jazz+ replacement bulb

Have you done a Google search? There are a ton of leads.

Yes, I have done many google searches. Could you point me to a result that is not interlight.biz, fixya, or bulbtronics, and that is in the US or at least ships reasonably to the us? As I said, I've already ordered from Interlight.biz. Bulbtronics wants order quantities of 150+ I believe(150 x ~$66.00= small fortune). I hope you were not insinuating that I wouldn't search first.

Ryan,

I don't have a vendor nor a source as to where one could get these bulbs from.

HOWEVER, the last time I spoke with a Kodak Response Center Rep, I inquired about a retrofit upgrade kit that will allow the use of the New bulbs from the Eversmart Pro II, Supreme, and I guess the IQSmart scanner series. There exist such an upgrade kit to switch over the bulb holding fixture to that of the newer version which will accompany the newer bulbs. ONLY thing, Kodak will NOT sell it to me IF I do not have a Service Contract with them and also to the point that I am not a business.

The other option for now, is to swap out one of the reflective bulbs and switch it into the position of the current transparency bulb that is dying.

Hope that this could be of some help to you. I also encounter the same problem with my (2) Jazz scanners.

Evan

Quote Originally Posted by Vertex Ninja View Post
    Yes, I have done many google searches. Could you point me to a result that is not interlight.biz, fixya, or bulbtronics, and that is in the US or at least ships reasonably to the us? As I said, I've already ordered from Interlight.biz. Bulbtronics wants order quantities of 150+ I believe(150 x ~$66.00= small fortune). I hope you were not insinuating that I wouldn't search first.

I was under the impression that Kodak would still sell replacement bulbs for the older EverSmart scanners. Am I wrong?

Sandy King

Quote Originally Posted by Evanjoe610 View Post
    Ryan,

I don't have a vendor nor a source as to where one could get these bulbs from.

HOWEVER, the last time I spoke with a Kodak Response Center Rep, I inquired about a retrofit upgrade kit that will allow the use of the New bulbs from the Eversmart Pro II, Supreme, and I guess the IQSmart scanner series. There exist such an upgrade kit to switch over the bulb holding fixture to that of the newer version which will accompany the newer bulbs. ONLY thing, Kodak will NOT sell it to me IF I do not have a Service Contract with them and also to the point that I am not a business.

The other option for now, is to swap out one of the reflective bulbs and switch it into the position of the current transparency bulb that is dying.

Hope that this could be of some help to you. I also encounter the same problem with my (2) Jazz scanners.

Evan

Sandy,

They do. However when I told them that I was an individual, NOT a business, the offer to sell to me went away. As for the older bulbs, Model# NEC FL15AD/70, these bulbs are no longer made. I'm not sure if they have any in stock, hence the inquiry as to an upgrade bulb fixture kit was brought up by me. I was told that the older products such as the Eversmart , Eversmart Jazz & Jazz+, are at the End of Product Cycle, which means no more product support and no spare parts availability. That was why it took me roughly 4 months to get this information out of the Kodak Folks. No one wanted to speak with me after I told them I was an individual and not a business.

Evan,

Do you know if that bulb is the same one that is used in the EverSmart Pro?

Sandy

Sandy,

They do. However when I told them that I was an individual, NOT a business, the offer to sell to me went away. As for the older bulbs, Model# NEC FL15AD/70, these bulbs are no longer made. I'm not sure if they have any in stock, hence the inquiry as to an upgrade bulb fixture kit was brought up by me. I was told that the older products such as the Eversmart , Eversmart Jazz & Jazz+, are at the End of Product Cycle, which means no more product support and no spare parts availability. That was why it took me roughly 4 months to get this information out of the Kodak Folks. No one wanted to speak with me after I told them I was an individual and not a business.

Thanks all,
    So it seems interlight.biz might be the only source for now. I've thought about switching bulbs back and forth between the reflective bed and transparency bed. The ones in the reflective bed are very clean and appear to be newer. For the time being this should work out ok. I'm gonna contact genesis and see if they have any spares lying around to hold me over. Anyone know the life expectancy of these bulbs?

Bryan

Sandy,

I'm sure which bulbs are in the Pro. If its any indication, it might be the same as the ones in the Pro II, Select, and Supreme. Again, I'm sure of the Number designation, as my Pro II is not in my hands yet (still packed and ready to go!!) . The one that Ryan is talking about is manufactured by NEC, its 15 inch in length, 70 watts and its a fluorscent bulb. Its the actual size of the window opening that would be different the newer bulbs in the Pro II, that much I know.

Why not take one of the bulbs out (all three used in the scanner are the same btw.) and write down the bulb's description or "Legend" down.

As for Ryan, I not sure as to the "Life Span" of these bulbs. I would guess 500 to 750 hours, but don't quote me on that!

I am such a klutz with equipment that I would probably break something if I opened the scanner to take out a bulb!!

Sandy King

Sandy,

I'm sure which bulbs are in the Pro. If its any indication, it might be the same as the ones in the Pro II, Select, and Supreme. Again, I'm sure of the Number designation, as my Pro II is not in my hands yet (still packed and ready to go!!) . The one that Ryan is talking about is manufactured by NEC, its 15 inch in length, 70 watts and its a fluorscent bulb. Its the actual size of the window opening that would be different the newer bulbs in the Pro II, that much I know.

Why not take one of the bulbs out (all three used in the scanner are the same btw.) and write down the bulb's description or "Legend" down.

As for Ryan, I not sure as to the "Life Span" of these bulbs. I would guess 500 to 750 hours, but don't quote me on that!