Page 529 of 696 FirstFirst ... 29429479519527528529530531539579629 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,290 of 6958

Thread: What did you compose at Waters Edge?

Re: What did you compose at Waters Edge?

Quote Originally Posted by jp View Post
    I like the low contrast flat look for this photo.. It's got a just-after-sundown quiet mood.
    Cool
    Come and see what I have done up and until now at www.neilsphotography.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ndwgolf View Post
    Same as above..........lacking contrast, looks very flat

Neil
    I have placed all of the values where I want them, crafting exactly the mood I want out of the image. There is plenty of subtle contrast and shadow information is well represented. There are in fact bright details in the fallen leaves which are approaching detail-less white, which is precisely what I wanted from the image. This is the style I have chosen for this body of work. It may not meet your requirements for tonality and contrast, but it certainly meets mine :-)

The previous image by Holden Richards you criticized for "lack of contrast" also, which I find hard to fathom, since there are many places where highlight details are barely present because Holden chose contrast as he did, which could have been tamed by lowering contrast a bit. So, I disagree with your assessment on Holden's piece too.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbarden View Post
    I have placed all of the values where I want them, crafting exactly the mood I want out of the image. There is plenty of subtle contrast and shadow information is well represented. There are in fact bright details in the fallen leaves which are approaching detail-less white, which is precisely what I wanted from the image. This is the style I have chosen for this body of work. It may not meet your requirements for tonality and contrast, but it certainly meets mine :-)

The previous image by Holden Richards you criticized for "lack of contrast" also, which I find hard to fathom, since there are many places where highlight details are barely present because Holden chose contrast as he did, which could have been tamed by lowering contrast a bit. So, I disagree with your assessment on Holden's piece too.
    Cool
    Both yours and holders definition of a well balanced B&W print are obviously different to mine, maybe its because you are on the other side of the pond..........I don't know. I was just stating my perforce to what I think both of the pictures are lacking..........and that is contrast.

PS if you want me to say wow those pictures are amazing then okay "WOW both of those pictures are amazing" and have a great day sir

Neil

I think there's plenty of room here on the forum for more constructive criticism and discussion. I started a thread some time ago in a different subforum about what I considered somewhat flat contrast in some images as a discussion. I gleaned some interesting perspectives from others. We are all entitled to our opinions and can learn much from others sharing theirs.

However, right now you are being a bit combative, IMO. I will say that perhaps it's somewhat in response to your nude images thread which truly was an unfortunate train-wreck in regards to how people responded to you and did not portray this forum's membership flatteringly. But, this is an opportunity to do better for everyone involved. Responding in kind to the forum as a whole is not the best way of going about things.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    I think there's plenty of room here on the forum for more constructive criticism and discussion. I started a thread some time ago in a different subforum about what I considered somewhat flat contrast in some images as a discussion. I gleaned some interesting perspectives from others. We are all entitled to our opinions and can learn much from others sharing theirs.

However, right now you are being a bit combative, IMO. I will say that perhaps it's somewhat in response to your nude images thread which truly was an unfortunate train-wreck in regards to how people responded to you and did not portray this forum's membership flatteringly. But, this is an opportunity to do better for everyone involved. Responding in kind to the forum as a whole is not the best way of going about things.
    Bryan
    I hear you but absolutely nothing to do with my thread on Raina.............I just feel that the pictures posted here are flat, muddy,uninteresting and lack contrast. I also feel that with a little hybrid work in PS you could make these pictures pop and hang them on a wall, but in there current state for me anyway defiantly not

Neil

I just feel that the pictures posted here are flat, muddy,uninteresting and lack contrast. I also feel that with a little hybrid work in PS you could make these pictures pop and hang them on a wall, but in there current state for me anyway defiantly not

Neil
    I will remember to be as blunt as this when I feel compelled to comment on your work :-)

I just feel that the pictures posted here are flat, muddy,uninteresting and lack contrast.
    Neil
    As a requiem to your own words in the other thread:
    What's the reason to look at uninteresting, flat and muddy pictures?

Personally, I am lucky that people here be very careful with this PS-thing, avoiding the same digitalcontrasty look again and again and presenting their personal intention.

Here is a double-exposed waters edge from me ( contains flatness) ; I first took the sun onto the film, marked the sun with stickies on the GG, replaced the camera and tried to place the sun between the trees.
    For my excuse I have to note that the print is contrasty but brilliant, other than this PS-less version.

Rollei IR 400
    Nikkor 150W
    both exposures by mood
    printed on 30x40cm Fomaspeed glossy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tümpel.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	125.5 KB 
ID:	169062

Best,
    Ritchie

Same as above..........lacking contrast, looks very flat

Neil
    Any chance it's your monitor? It looks extremely flat, almost like an uncorrected scan, on my work monitor. At home (same model monitor) it looks low contrast but low contrast by choice.

Quote Originally Posted by callmebrick View Post
    Any chance it's your monitor? It looks extremely flat, almost like an uncorrected scan, on my work monitor. At home (same model monitor) it looks low contrast but low contrast by choice.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by paulbarden View Post

Alder roots on the bank of the Marys River.
    Nice, keep coming back to it.

Roger