Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Trip.

Re: My Trip.

great stuff. i plan to take a LF with me next time to asia. did you happen to shoot any portraits as well?

keep them coming.
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

joseph

They look great-
    particularly like the roofs-

I'd also be interested in knowing a bit about how you travel with a big camera-

j

I saw these prints last week and they really took my breath away. I asked Tri to put a show. He has another two dozens of nice pt/pd prints from this trip. Nothing can compare the delight of holding an exquisite platinum print in your hands.

multiplex

wow, these are beautiful!
    i can only imagine how nice they are in person.
    i love the terraced rice farms and the roofline ...

TT, Great work. Hope to see more from your trip, a country i dearly would love to visit.

jan

Great stuff Tri!
    I really love, "Finger Island, Halong Bay."

Darr

Convert to LF

Congrats, Tri.

I spent myself 10 years in Vietnam, and I couldn't imagine staying under a dark cloth without a proper a/c system!

Serge

Montreal , Canada. Los Angeles, California

Friends, thank you all for your nice comments. Vietnam such a beautiful country and unspoiled land . There is so many photo opportunities. The best time of the year to go is between December to February . The Northern part like Hanoi and Sapa tend to be cool (check weather forecast before you go and dress accordingly). I suggest booking your tour from travel agents in your country. You will get better service compare to being what is called “walk-in tourist” booking tours while in Vietnam. We are extremely pleased with the service as we booked a private tour for a party of 8. Private tours can be flexible to your schedule as far as time and destinations. We usually travel in the big 30- 50 seated bus most of the time for 8 of us along with 1 driver , 1 assistance driver and a Tour guy ( bilingual of course ) . I traveled with the Explorer ( Thanks Dick for the design and the weight) 1 backpack with 8 holders loaded , 1 extra roller backpack with another 8 holders and changing tent + film and leave it in the bus. The tour guy is more than happy to carry extra bag for you ( don’t forget extra tip at the end ) . Tour for 14 days including departure days and return days, 8 destinations and stay in 6 hotel . 3 local airport, train and boats as transportation, but you know what the tour guy is there to take care all that for you including the restaurant reservation and etc…. Our kids 5-7-8-10 yrs olds did extremely doing well with this trip. I highly recommended this trip to all especially from Central to Northern Vietnam . I will update more print for your viewing shortly. If you would like to have more detail info about VN trip please pm me and I will more than happy to help. Here are some snap shots of us . Thanks a bunch.

all three are very nice. Good job
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover"
    August Rodin

My Now old Photo Site