Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: First rate E6 and C41 labs in USA?

Re: First rate E6 and C41 labs in USA?

Quote Originally Posted by mccormickstudio View Post
    For c41 there is a big difference between 4x5 and 8x10. If you're shooting 8x10, I think there are only a few US labs consistently doing proper work (i.e., not ruining your negs). Lightwaves in SF is tremendously expensive, but guarantees 8x10 c41 at $12.50/sheet. Precision Imaging in Chicago has not failed me at about $4.50 a sheet for 8x10 c41.
    damn and i thought I was getting gouged at 7.00?

if u need in nyc,

dugalle and L and I are my favorites. L and I runs a very very professional hand dip and dunk service and is very consistent. they are pretty reasonable on 8x10 at less than 6$ a sheet.
    Ektachrome 64 x wishes and Tech Pan Dreams

You are what you see

Recently I have had problems with my local lab when developing C41 8x10 negatives: where there are large regions of what should be smooth density such as in skies there is uneven density that they admit is due to poor agitation during (machine) development. Are the labs being recommended here able to develop 8x10 film with out producing this problem?

Chrome in San Diego. I have been using them about a dozen years for 95% of my processing needs. They don't do C-41 4x5, though they do E-6 4x5 processing. Turnaround is very fast.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Berg View Post
    Recently I have had problems with my local lab when developing C41 8x10 negatives: where there are large regions of what should be smooth density such as in skies there is uneven density that they admit is due to poor agitation during (machine) development. Are the labs being recommended here able to develop 8x10 film with out producing this problem?
    My Refrema machine was modified by one of their techs to prevent this problem. How it was done I won't tell

Drew Wiley

Both my E6 and C41 processing including 8X10 are done by New Lab in SF. I've never had a quality control issue with them.

LJ Segil

I've had great work done by both Praus in Rochester and Precision in Chicago, choice depending on my circumstances at the time and not a difference in quality that I have been able to perceive between them, both excellent and very responsive to my needs at the time. Slightly OT, Dr5 makes very nice B&W reversal transparencies from most standard B&W film and is now also offering E-6 processing. Anyone have any experience with the latter?
    LJS

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Moat View Post
    Chrome in San Diego. I have been using them about a dozen years for 95% of my processing needs. They don't do C-41 4x5, though they do E-6 4x5 processing. Turnaround is very fast.
    Ciao!
    Gordon Moat Photography
    I second Chrome in San Diego. Just E-6, as the name implies, but I get 2 hour turnaround there.

They'll take your C-41 4x5s, but they send it to someplace in San Carlos, about 2-day turn-around, and $4. a sheet.

all my 8x10 c41 are processed by lightwaves in san francisco or lti in new york city. i only use their 'special process' and am very happy with the results. absolutely homogenous blue skies and very even surfaces. no streaks, no mottling.
    cheers!

www.morlinghaus.com

Another word for Praus Labs in Rochester. I sent a box of Velvia in on a Friday and had it back the following Thursday. Reasonable prices, fantastic quality.

/s/ David
    David Beal
    Memories Preserved Photography, LLC
    "Making tomorrow's memories by
    capturing today's happiness" (R)

Photocraft in Boulder gets my vote (and my business). Totally professional.