Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: CS4 issues and forums?

Re: CS4 issues and forums?

Thanks, Don.

I've been ignoring it without any ill effects other than the annoyance factor. But it's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Bryant View Post
    Just ignore it. Vista is effing brain dead.
    A bug in Bridge implies that Vista is brain dead? That's quite a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakesh Malik View Post
    A bug in Bridge implies that Vista is brain dead? That's quite a stretch.
    You apparently didn't read my post carefully, thats not what I implied. As I said I don't get the error from teh version of Vista I use (or the hardware that I use to operate Vista) so I would have to suspect that there is some interaction with Bridge and Vista that causes the dialog to be displayed. This could be due to a lot of reasons which i (we) are not privy to, including the OP's computing environment.

Don Bryant

It is just astounding to me how all these issues with Adobe's software are somehow Vista's fault, when running in Vista, but Adobe's fault when running on other platforms.

Hop on the "Vista did it" bandwagon, everyone - it's so very easy and therefore must be true!!! And make sure to get rude when someone calls you on it, for good measure!

Yawn.

---

poco, Vista is indeed the latest version of the NT platform and API. No other software that I know of has any problem calling into the API and getting system resource values, I know this because I can do it from C/C++ just fine. If bridge is having difficulty with this, and reporting the wrong processor, it is definatley Adobe's fault - not Microsoft's. You should email Adobe and tell them about your issue so they can fix it.

Thanks, Matt.

I'm actually more inclined to believe it's an Adobe problem than Vista's. Even a quick scan of the Adobe boards shows a lot of unresolved issues with CS* upgrades and an unwillingness/inability by the company to address them.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Bryant View Post
    You apparently didn't read my post carefully, thats not what I implied.
    True, you didn't imply it... you stated it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakesh Malik View Post
    True, you didn't imply it... you stated it.
    I did? Please show me where.

Don Bryant

Probably a dumb question........I have two possible drives to use for PS scratch. I assume you would want to use the faster one, but how do I figure that out?
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

I've been learning a good deal here:

http://macperformanceguide.com/index.html

Certainly drive speed is a fundamental factor but so too are data density and the area of the disk employed for scratch. For example, a 500GB 7200RPM drive will provide faster write times than a 320GB 7200RPM drive; and the outer diameter of a given drive will provide faster performance than the smaller inner diameters. The author is also an advocate of striped RAID to enhance scratch performance - he would have you use both of your drives in tandem.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    Probably a dumb question........I have two possible drives to use for PS scratch. I assume you would want to use the faster one, but how do I figure that out?
    In audio and video editing, latency is a bigger issue than throughput. You can often find the specifications for latency of a drive when you know the manufacturers model information. In PhotoShop, rendering benefits from throughput, while more immediate and simpler actions benefit from reduced latency. Ideally you would use both drives as scratch drives, though you need to choose one to designate as first.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat Photography