Thread: linotype Saphir ultra 2 scanner

linotype Saphir ultra 2 scanner

I have this scanner set up [at least I thought so] I have Silverfast set as a plug n for Photoshop elements 5 , I am running Vista , But when I go to Silverfast to Bring the scanner on line , I get the following error message [ No SCSI Control found ] OK What went wrong Here : Thanks a lot folks
    Lauren MacIntosh

Whats in back of you is the past and whats in front of you is the future now in the middle you have choices to make for yourself:

Re: linotype Saphir ultra 2 scanner

What OS are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by seawolf66 View Post
    I have this scanner set up [at least I thought so] I have Silverfast set as a plug n for Photoshop elements 5 , I am running Vista , But when I go to Silverfast to Bring the scanner on line , I get the following error message [ No SCSI Control found ] OK What went wrong Here : Thanks a lot folks
    Good ol' SCSI errors. What SCSI controller are you using? Drivers install OK under Vista? 32/64 bit Vista? What SCSI address is the scanner set to? Is the SCSI bus terminated? What software is reporting the error message?

Bruce Watson

Bruce: [Good ol' SCSI errors. What SCSI controller are you using? Drivers install OK under Vista? 32/64 bit Vista? What SCSI address is the scanner set to? Is the SCSI bus terminated? What software is reporting the error message?]
    SCSI Controll is adaptec 2906 pci type for vista, scanner is set at [Not shur],
    [Is the SCSI bus terminated?] Have no Idea here ? Silverfast ai 6.5 is reporting this Error! Drivers were set for 32 bit !
    Lauren MacIntosh

Whats in back of you is the past and whats in front of you is the future now in the middle you have choices to make for yourself:

I had a Linoscan as my first scanner. I never could get it to consistently work right and I eventually took it to the city dump. Hopefully you didn't pay a lot for yours (I paid $1,000 for mine new). I'd suggest forgetting it and buying an Epson 4990 or 700/750. I think you'll probably get better scans with less aggravation.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

I suggest to skip the whole PC and buy yourself an oldfashioned OS9-mac for less than $ 100 and run the linoscan with linocolor as it was designed for. There seems to have been a linocolor version for the PC, but I have never seen it.

I thank You All for your Input here on this matter, Believe it or not I took the scanner off Vista and put it on my old PC with XP home and It fired up on the first try , Happy as a pig in mud [But not as Dirty] Now if I can figure how to get Silverfast to Transfer the images to Photoshop Elements 5 , I'd be even happier , Back reading and learning !
    You'd Figure By 68 you would have all the answers: oh well!
    Lauren MacIntosh