Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HP Sucks

HP Sucks

They just doubled the price of their Z3100 Nov 1. I was going to pick one up in a couple of weeks. The ps-GP is now $4361 CAN up from $2031 last week. Damn.

The Epson 7800 is about $3000 in Canada. Why would they shoot themselves in the foot like that?

Re: HP Sucks

Maybe this should be in the Digital Hardware section...

Also probably due to the rate of exchange between the Canadian dollar and the American.

based upon my purchase of one of their laptops, a whole day on tech suppoirt from india or mexico or wherever and my return of the piece of crap, i concur with Pen's assessment.

the Z3100 comes in two sizes so maybe there is some confusion on the part of the dealer there. That first price you mention sounds really low. Also, the Z3100 is no longer made having been replaced with the Z3200 so I think that the first low price was a close out price of the Z3100 and the second is for the Z3200. The new printer has a stronger red ink and really does work better.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Barall View Post
    the Z3100 comes in two sizes so maybe there is some confusion on the part of the dealer there. That first price you mention sounds really low. Also, the Z3100 is no longer made having been replaced with the Z3200 so I think that the first low price was a close out price of the Z3100 and the second is for the Z3200. The new printer has a stronger red ink and really does work better.

Good luck.
    Yeah they were really low. They have doubled everywhere. There are Z3200s going cheaper. The price was a special deal which ended on Nov 1.

I guess I'll buy an Epson 7800. I really don't know why they don't want my business.

Quote Originally Posted by PenGun View Post
    Yeah they were really low. They have doubled everywhere. There are Z3200s going cheaper. The price was a special deal which ended on Nov 1.
    Ummmmm...

It was a special deal ending Nov 1. Its not HPs fault that you did not purchase during their promotional period. The Z3100 was always priced higher than the 7880 in the US.

The 7900 is coming out and supposedly has some big improvements due to its new inks, plus no black swapping penalty and bigger carts.

Quote Originally Posted by mrladewig View Post
    Ummmmm...

It was a special deal ending Nov 1. Its not HPs fault that you did not purchase during their promotional period. The Z3100 was always priced higher than the 7880 in the US.
    If I had known it was going to end 25 days before I got my $s I would have borrowed the money. Possibly some warning might drive sales. It sure would have in my case.

No problem there are other printers. That was a sweet deal though. I will not feel kindly to HP for quite a while. Not that I have ever bought any of their crap before this.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Camper View Post
    Pengun, it's not their fault, why be upset about them? If it was crap, why were you wanting one? Frankly, they try harder then Epson, those prices for the Z3100 were incredible while they lasted. They seem to have a special on them it seems every other month since June/08 in Canada going for slightly more then the cost of a twin pack of ink. What more can you want?
    The price from 5 days ago. You do not seem to be able to discriminate between crap and crap. It has several meanings. BTW whose fault was it, mine?

No problem I'll buy something inside my budget, it just won't be HP getting my $s is all.

I'll venture that it was a very dumb move at the worst time possible. There is less money available for these things every day as we go forward into what looks like a depression. I dunno where they are going to find people willing to spend more than twice what it was worth a week ago.

It helps to be proactive and call a dealer when this sort of sale is on... they'll tell you how long the prices will last. The onus is on you to get informed!