Page 917 of 1715 FirstFirst ... 41781786790791591691791891992796710171417 ... LastLast
Results 9,161 to 9,170 of 17147

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Life on the Edge

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado CJ View Post
    Thanks Renato. By the way, are you the same Renato from MFLenses forum?

I really like the Foma films as well. I am starting to get dialed in on my processing and shooting of Foma 200. I REALLY like what I am getting from my development now using HC-110. It took a while though (~50 sheets). I need to order more.
    Hi, Andrew,
    yes the same old guy!

Cheers,

Renato

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    What film is this? Reminds me of some old GAF I used to shoot.
    Film is Ilford FP4+ souped in D76 1+1.

Quote Originally Posted by jp View Post
    I'd guess arista 100; let's see.

Cajunc2; I really like the compositions on these and it's a good start! Some improvement could also be had by eliminating dust by keeping your film holders in anti-static or at least non-static plastic bags when they are not in the camera, and blowing out the interior of the camera once in a great while.
    Indeed, I'm pretty careless when it comes to dust and such. Good idea about the anti-static bags for keeping film holders. I just had a couple of them rattling around in the car for the trip. Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by RSalles View Post
    Beautiful shot, ColoradoCJ,
    One thing that I love in Foma films is their tonal range, what I hate in it it's the reciprocity ratio... I could use much more this film, but because of this, only in strong sunshine light.

Cheers,

Renato
    I love that tonal range. I use a tripod, so long exposures don't bother me. I would never give up that tonal range for an improved reciprocity ratio. Everytime something gets "improved", you have to give up something else to get it. In this case, I'll just take what it's got, and be thankful the stuff is available.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    That doesn't make sense, I thought the 85A was a WEAKER warmth than the 85B... I'm too tired to look it up now, thanks I'll look into it.
    It IS weaker, that's why it works. The 85B is too strong and over does the blue cast.

Quote Originally Posted by premortho View Post
    I love that tonal range. I use a tripod, so long exposures don't bother me. I would never give up that tonal range for an improved reciprocity ratio. Everytime something gets "improved", you have to give up something else to get it. In this case, I'll just take what it's got, and be thankful the stuff is available.
    I love Foma 100 for 4x5" but the problem of this film huge reprocity failure is not solved with a tripod. When you have a lightmeter reading of 1 minute exposure, you have to shoot with a 16 minute exposure!!!! If you are shooting something after sunset, during winter, during the 16 minute exposure, the light falls down at a value that would need not a 16 minute exposure but something like 1 hour exposure and, then, there is no light at all. It's a good film for bright light. For those after sunset photos during winter, I don't know nothing better than Fuji Acros 100, but it is fucking expensive...I tried it at 4 minute exposure, during night, with no exposure compensation and the image is perfect, with no developing compensation, too.

This is a spectacular photograph. I love it!

-Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Nana Sousa Dias View Post
    Attachment 119726
    Wista 45 DX, Fuji SWD 90/5.6, Kodak Tmax 100, Epson 3780.
    Daniel Perez
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/largeformatguy/
    Your photography is a record of your living, for anyone who really sees. - Paul Strand

Large Format Landscapes

Quote Originally Posted by cajunc2 View Post
    Film is Ilford FP4+ souped in D76 1+1.
    Oh wow, I didn't know FP4+ could have that look, nice job!

Quote Originally Posted by premortho View Post
    It IS weaker, that's why it works. The 85B is too strong and over does the blue cast.
    85B has a heavier "orange" tone to WARM the image so for example on Tungsten film which ends up blue if NO filter is used, looks normal if a filter is used, so my tiny brain is not understanding why it would look MORE blue with a stronger warming filter... Please help me understand I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nana Sousa Dias View Post
    I love Foma 100 for 4x5" but the problem of this film huge reprocity failure is not solved with a tripod. When you have a lightmeter reading of 1 minute exposure, you have to shoot with a 16 minute exposure!!!! If you are shooting something after sunset, during winter, during the 16 minute exposure, the light falls down at a value that would need not a 16 minute exposure but something like 1 hour exposure and, then, there is no light at all. It's a good film for bright light. For those after sunset photos during winter, I don't know nothing better than Fuji Acros 100, but it is fucking expensive...I tried it at 4 minute exposure, during night, with no exposure compensation and the image is perfect, with no developing compensation, too.
    Agreed