Page 895 of 1716 FirstFirst ... 3957958458858938948958968979059459951395 ... LastLast
Results 8,941 to 8,950 of 17151

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Lewin View Post
    Something has gone wrong here. I was responding to two posted messages which seem to have vanished, so my post is now without context!
    (Your quoted text is six years old – it had certainly vanished from my memory!)

Great Smoky Mountain waterfall up there...

I'm pretty sure those limestone rocks are fragments of an ancient sea floor, and while I'm not sure anyone will be able to convince me how they got way up there in the mountains, it's still one beautiful geology lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Dexheimer View Post
    Ohhhh!

This is beautiful, I like your composition and near-far gradation.
    Very happy, you will like my photos,Thank you!

Here are three photographs I took of a wall around a wood, I was using a home made Pinhole camera 5x4 f200 with a laser drilled pinhole in copper. I used Ilford FP4 rated at 100 and deved in HC110. the neg was then scanned on a flatbed . I Live in Cumbria, an area covered in dry stone walls. I have begun a project that I loosely call "Wood Wires & Wiggly Tin" but I will include some stone in that too. This is based on fences and walls around the rural areas of Cumbria. I used pinhole because it was what i was shooting at the time, but I do enjoy the uncertainty and the freedom of trying to frame an image that you can't actually see. Along with the vagueness of the exposure. (If in doubt expose longer.) it's a nice change from the precision of the studio camera.Anyway i hope you enjoy the pictures, Oh and yes I know they are a bit soft
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20090715_188.jpg   20090715_189.jpg   20090715_197.jpg  

These are lovely, Mark. What pinhole size/focal length please.

Mark: I like all three, but particularly the middle one, since it is somehow less expected than the first and last, where it is clear what attracted your attention. There is something about the randomness of the middle one that appeals to me.

Your post here, and in the Introductions forum, made me grab a map. I lived as an ex-pat in London for 6 years, but wasn't sure where Cumbria was. If I have it correct, Cumbria and the Lake District are somewhat the same, or at least the Lake District is in Cumbria. My now-wife and I did quite a bit of hill walking in the Lakes, and enjoyed the stone walls so much that our wedding rings were made by a local jeweler, patterned after the walls and the various stiles used for climbing over them. So do include some stones in your project! (If they would stand still long enough, you could even include a sheep...)

Hi Barry,
    Thank you. The Pinhole was a 0.4mm and the focal length was 80mm.

Hi Peter,
    Thank you, I'm glad that you saw the randomness of the middle one. In fact they are out of order. To view them you should start at the third one, then click "first" then "next". It wasn't until I posted them that I realized the order was wrong. I was trying to show the breakdown of mans impact on the environment as nature fought back. In the picture that you like, what caught my eye was the way that nature seems to have broken down the man made wall and poured out of its constraints. the man made precision of the wall in the third one has been overtaken by the randomness of nature. Well that was the Idea anyway.
    I'm glad you and your wife enjoyed the Lakes, It is a very beautiful place, I love to go walking there. these three pictures were taken in another part of Cumbria though, The Eden Valley, an area that runs between the Lakes and the Pennines. It tends to be very much quieter than the Lakeland Fells, I like the solitude sometimes.

I like the third one especially, Mark! It almost has a Mayan vibe to it. How well do these hold up on enlargements?

Here's another one from my end I shot this week.

Symmar-S 210/5.6, Fomapan 100, Rodinal 1:100, Epson 4990 scan.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002Rss.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	118950
    First pic posted here, a parking lot in Taipei, ebony 617se, super-symmar 150mm hm, ektar 100, f22 1/2 3mins.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 002Rs.jpg  

Large Format Rocks ImSoNegative's Avatar

Lower goforth creek, 90mm caltar II, ilford delta

Lower GoForth creek by goldenmageworks65, on Flickr
    "WOW! Now thats a big camera. By the way, how many megapixels is that thing?"