Page 803 of 1715 FirstFirst ... 3037037537938018028038048058138539031303 ... LastLast
Results 8,021 to 8,030 of 17147

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Quote Originally Posted by pdmoylan View Post
    Attachment 108167Attachment 108168

A few more from NJ where I used to live. Maple trees in Snow (Ek100S) and Rebuds (Velvia 50)

Nikkor 150
    Both are really nice, but that's no one is incredible, perfect subtle blue light, what made you choose the saturated version for a very white scene?

Quote Originally Posted by pdmoylan View Post
    Attachment 108169

Adirondacks. From Snow Mountain Looking East towards Keene.

Velvia 50 and Nikkor 150w
    Yup, definitely Velvia

Thank you for your kind comments. Choice of film was usually what was available to me from my local supplier and E100s and the sw version were, for a while, easier to find that Velvia. Also, I found I was losing too many images to light wind and the extra speed of ASA 100 did make a slight difference. The Maples are subtle and I recall working hard and fast to find the best composition. Frequently I walk away from a great situation because I can't get a composition that works for me.

In low light Velvia 50 is king. Velvia 100 shifts too far to magenta but in some instances it is desirable as it adds color saturation which is, let us say, evocative. The saturation and color shift can be modifed somewhat in PS. As my professor once said to me, "know they film".

PDM

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Potter View Post
    Somewhere here in the recent archives Jim Cole had a wonderful image of this beach scene in B & W. It prompted me to seek out the area when I was in the vicinity in Nov 2013. This is Skaket beach in Orleans on the bay side of Cape Cod at maximum low tide. I liked the repeating sandbars and somber sky and the repeating horizontal lines. Image from about noontime 11/26/13, between cold heavy rain showers. The white foreground is wind blown sea foam frozen by the 25 F temperature and piled up on the beach.

45112613-H)11,13,14[t1 by hypolimnas, on Flickr

TK45S with a 210 Nikon W. Fuji Astia Quickload, home developed. 3 chromes V 750 scanned, tone mapped using photomatix, then PS tweaked.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.
    Nate, it looks great in that soft color palette. The striations in the sky work perfectly. Glad you got to visit.
    Jim Cole
    Flagstaff, AZ

Somewhere here in the recent archives Jim Cole had a wonderful image of this beach scene in B & W. It prompted me to seek out the area when I was in the vicinity in Nov 2013. This is Skaket beach in Orleans on the bay side of Cape Cod at maximum low tide. I liked the repeating sandbars and somber sky and the repeating horizontal lines. Image from about noontime 11/26/13, between cold heavy rain showers. The white foreground is wind blown sea foam frozen by the 25 F temperature and piled up on the beach.

TK45S with a 210 Nikon W. Fuji Astia Quickload, home developed. 3 chromes V 750 scanned, tone mapped using photomatix, then PS tweaked.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.
    The soft colors and repeating layers have so much harmony.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.
    This is excellent! The use of line is what I enjoy most about it.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.
    Nate, I like this a lot!!! Wonderful colors and lines. It works beautifully.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389681704.613330.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	108249

Finally got my first ever shot LF chromes back from the lab today!

Velvia 50 - 90mm f/22@1s and Polarizer

Nicely done. The Polarizer increases saturation on bright sunny days.

Keep them coming.

PDM

good work 'Mr Stone'

I've been looking at your work over in your apug gallery

this is really peanuts stuff, it's your property that's surely the main event and very disappointing for you too

and good luck with everything that it entails

regards

andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Plume View Post
    good work 'Mr Stone'

I've been looking at your work over in your apug gallery

this is really peanuts stuff, it's your property that's surely the main event and very disappointing for you too

and good luck with everything that it entails

regards

andrew
    Thanks Andrew, I'm still really disappointed in that one image where the side rafters aren't parallel to the edge of the frame (it was just so dark I didn't even see them in the frame).

I'm obviously trying to make the best of it, I haven't been back yet, I don't know if I'll shoot any more honestly, it was very hard. But maybe.

I'm basically going to let the bank deal with it, the home values in that area dropped after the real estate crisis and never rebounded. My house (before) burning was worth 33% of the mortgage I had, so I couldn't sell it, and I had no insurance on it at all, so there is no financial return from the fire in it for me, so I've written a letter to the bank and applied for a special motion to the court to force the bank to foreclose on me, since they refused to do so for the past year(strange but true, even they didn't want it.... It's a blessing in disguise, a new chapter soon I hope, just have to focus on the good.

So in that spirit, the good...

Same trip, (posted one at waters edge thread but it's also land...)

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389739668.289589.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	108310

Was a little over exposed and was able to pull it back in EpsonScan software. I still like the B&W better.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389739679.260709.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	108311

The B&W version I developed earlier this year right after the trip.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389739752.695265.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	108313