Page 75 of 1716 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677851251755751075 ... LastLast

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Thanks for the kind words h2oman. I love your Klamath Lake photo. I used to live in Crescent City, Ca. (14 years) and have been to Klamath Falls many times. Great country but I don't know why I never thought of it in the winter. May have to do with the roads between there and the coast.

Quote Originally Posted by h2oman View Post
    Nice to have you on board, JR - your images are inspiring.
    Klamath Lake, 4x5 cropped. When I shot this I was thinking of it square, but some uneven developing on the right edge of the neg cemented that choice!

...Klamath Lake, 4x5 cropped. When I shot this I was thinking of it square, but some uneven developing on the right edge of the neg cemented that choice!
    Your image fits in the square very well -- it draws one right in. I learned using a Rolleiflex TLR and grew to enjoy the square. I thought about converting a broken dark slide that would cover 2" of the long side on my 8x10 film when exposed -- yielding 8x8 negatives. You got me thinking about it again!

Well done!

Nice to have you on board, JR - your images are inspiring. Nice shots, Jehu. I recognize the rock with the little tree in it from one of Elizabeth Carmel's images. I like the colors in yours.

Klamath Lake, 4x5 cropped. When I shot this I was thinking of it square, but some uneven developing on the right edge of the neg cemented that choice!
    K-Lake looks really great. I wish I had done some more photos with the UP out there!

The Rookie

Nice to have you on board, JR - your images are inspiring. Nice shots, Jehu. I recognize the rock with the little tree in it from one of Elizabeth Carmel's images. I like the colors in yours.
    Thanks for the compliments. The Bonsai Rock shot was VS100 4x5. I used NC160 and VC160 on the Washoe Valley fog shot. I think the one I posted was from the Portra NC160. I also have it on Tmax 400 in Rodinal. The grain lovers would be happy with that one.

My friend Dan sent me a link to his favorite picture of Bonsai Rock when he suggested it as a subject for that day. He said it was done by "Liz". I'd never heard of Elizabeth or Bonsai Rock. I just looked again. It's the same picture that Elizabeth Carmel has posted on the Hassey site. It must be a good shot. It keeps rising to the top.
    Yeah. I'm familiar with Photoshop. It's the place I buy my film.

HP5, 150 fuji
    This morning's effort. The quickly changing patterns had me in a lens changing frenzy as backlit trees kept popping up and then disappearing before I could focus. The really good ones got away today but I think if I go back a few more times I may get lucky.
    John Youngblood
    www.jyoungblood.com

Peter

That's beautiful!
    Sonoma Co. is one of my favorite bike riding locales. And a good friend of mine lives in Sebastopol who also likes to ride. You've captured some great images of your area.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by mandoman7 View Post

HP5, 150 fuji
    This morning's effort. The quickly changing patterns had me in a lens changing frenzy as backlit trees kept popping up and then disappearing before I could focus. The really good ones got away today but I think if I go back a few more times I may get lucky.
    Very nice. Must have been cold in the flats with the valley fog.

HP5, 150 fuji
    Oh, lovely.

I'm doing the same thing down here in the southern San Joaquin Valley. Not processed yet but will post. It's frustrating but great fun. This one is very good.

HP5, 150 fuji

Thanks Pete, David, Sam, & J.R..
    It was a bit cold on the hillside, but nothing like other parts of the country.
    John Youngblood
    www.jyoungblood.com