Page 454 of 1715 FirstFirst ... 3544044444524534544554564645045549541454 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,540 of 17147

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Landscape Addict

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Dperez - The second wave is a sensational image. Composition is great, love the colours, strong leading lines, nice placement of a prop (i am assuming the stick was placed by you?) focus and overall sharpness is fantastic...

Thats a winner for sure
    Chamonix 045N-2 - 65/5.6 - 90/8 - 210/5.6 - Fomapan 100 & T-Max 100 in Rodinal
    Alexartphotography

Quote Originally Posted by jp498 View Post
    Here's the r waldo tyler marsh in Thomaston ME. I went out in the afternoon to photograph shadows and animal footprints. Speed graphic with 190mm Reinhold Wollaston Meniscus at f11. tmy2 in PMK.
    Unusual and very beautiful image. I usually am not a fan of selective focus, as it can feel subject-centric and contrived, but it feels very "right" to me here. Excellent.

Thanks Joel, Luc... The mood and feel changes big on each f stop with this lens. The lack of major objects for subjects is challenging too.

Here's another one. Different lens. It's got shapes and lines, but I don't like how the grass rendered out of focus in the middle third of the image. This is with the trioplan, which usually does a great job with out of focus stuff. I guess I should have used the meniscus here too.

Quote Originally Posted by alexn View Post
    Dperez - The second wave is a sensational image. Composition is great, love the colours, strong leading lines, nice placement of a prop (i am assuming the stick was placed by you?) focus and overall sharpness is fantastic...

Thats a winner for sure
    Thanks alexn.

Quote Originally Posted by dperez View Post

The Second Wave, near Page, AZ
    4x5 Arca-Swiss, 90mm Schneider lens, expired Kodak Ektachrome Pro 100 (EPP).

[View Large]

I wanna be there some day .. great shot.
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by dperez View Post
    The Second Wave, near Page, AZ
    4x5 Arca-Swiss, 90mm Schneider lens, expired Kodak Ektachrome Pro 100 (EPP).

4x5 Arca-Swiss, 90mm Schneider lens, Fuji Astia 100.

Incredible landscape! beautifully done.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Holden, great tones. What ISO are you rating your Arista? And if you don't mind me asking, what is your process method (HC-110 dilution, time and temp, etc)? I have been struggling with Arista EDU 100, both 8X10 and 5X7. My latest attempt (I haven't processed them yet) was shot at ISO 25, HC-110 1:63..."H", I believe, and will be tray processed for 10 minutes @ 68 degrees. My negs have been thin and lack contrast. I am getting weary with testing.
    Hey Randy, I am actually doing a 1+200 stand method of development for the 4x5 and 8x10 times are a little different for each type of film. I am exposing at box speed and developing in trays. Room temp water, 1 minute of gentle agitation and for 4x5 57 minutes of stand and for 8x10 35 minutes of stand. The 8x10 seems much more sensitized in development. Key to this is being sure that your HC110 is mixed thoroughly before the film hits it. Good luck!

1903 Eastman View No. 1
    Konica Hexanon 210mm
    Arista EDU 100 in HC 110

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Holden, great tones. What ISO are you rating your Arista? And if you don't mind me asking, what is your process method (HC-110 dilution, time and temp, etc)? I have been struggling with Arista EDU 100, both 8X10 and 5X7. My latest attempt (I haven't processed them yet) was shot at ISO 25, HC-110 1:63..."H", I believe, and will be tray processed for 10 minutes @ 68 degrees. My negs have been thin and lack contrast. I am getting weary with testing.
    I misspoke in my earlier post, I am shooting this @25 just like you are and doing an N -2 development in HC 110 at 1+200 in stand. for the 4x5 its 1 minute agitation plus 57 minutes stand and for the 8x10 its 1 minute agitation plus 35 minutes stand. cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaitz View Post
    Hope it's ok to post this. I don't consider it a repost since it's a drum scan by Lenny Eiger, which is fantastic!

Well I finally finished editing this drum Scan. On 4x5 Velvia 50 from Great Sand Dunes NP in September. I am surprised at the color casts I had in my original: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zboumee...57626457305442

I tried to keep the mountains more neutral as well as the sky. Glad I am finally done editing, it took forever. Just getting rid of the small bits of sand/dust took over 6 hours. I would have liked to keep the vignetting less noticeable in the lower right. Not sure if it's the scan or my processing but the drum scan has much better detail in the highlights of the sky.

Very good, indeed! What Drum Scanner is this one?