Page 375 of 1715 FirstFirst ... 2753253653733743753763773854254758751375 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 17147

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Quote Originally Posted by nathanm View Post
    Stealing The Spirit Of The Cornfield
    Shen-Hao 4x5, Schneider 90mm, Tri-X, 1/15 second @ ƒ-45, a little rear tilt, orange filter, Perceptol dev 8-min in BTZS tubes, Epson v750-Pro scan, Photoshop editing

Note: This is an ILLEGAL PHOTO!!! *gasp*
    Full story: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanm...ak/6091691992/
    Nathan,

I think you were too nice to the old fart. My comment would have been something like this - "call your daughter, I'm not doing anything illegal, but golf carts on roads are not street legal." Jim

Quote Originally Posted by MumbleyJoe View Post
    That's a good point - I don't see any halo in the likely spots at all, for example. Nicely sharpened indeed (I always struggle with this for posting online, even though I feel like I shouldn't).
    The key is to resize your image to a desired 1:1 level at something that's big but not too huge to fit within average monitors. Then, assuming the result is a bit soft and not already sharp, give it just a touch of Unsharp Mask, but always use a radius value below 1 pixel. So .5 or .3 pixels. (Lightroom's "Detail" slider does this same kinda thing - it's working on the smallest edges.) I've tried reducing with Bicubic Sharper, but I don't like it as much as regular Bicubic reduction and then a little 100/ .5/ 0 USM. That's what gives it the crispiness. But go easy, it can get salt and peppery real quick.

Arista EDU 100 5X7, Fuji W 180mm

Bamburgh Castle Northumberland

Two from me. Both taken with a Calumet CC-400, and a pair of Dr. Farber's Rapid-Aplanat f:7.5 lens elements in a Rochester Optical & Camera Co./Bausch & Lomb Optical Co. AUTO shutter (both c.1905). Expired Ilford FP4 (not FP4 Plus) and scanned from a contact print.

Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

45-57-617

Re: nathanm photo

I'm sorry if this reply might make you think I'm an aggressive sort because I'm actually intentionally polite and respectful as I can be to most everyone I meet.

This guy would probably cop 20-30 years of "taking it for the firm".

Grab 'im by the ears and use a knee. When he wakes up in tomorrow land he wont remember.

I can't respect this kind of person at all. I wonder if you Americans are all polite like nathan is ?!

Rgds,

Quote Originally Posted by Steve McLevie View Post
    Re: nathanm photo

I'm sorry if this reply might make you think I'm an aggressive sort because I'm actually intentionally polite and respectful as I can be to most everyone I meet.

This guy would probably cop 20-30 years of "taking it for the firm".

Grab 'im by the ears and use a knee. When he wakes up in tomorrow land he wont remember.

I can't respect this kind of person at all. I wonder if you Americans are all polite like nathan is ?!

Rgds,
    While I agree with the sentiment, and I probably would NOT have been polite to him, attacking him like that would get you a trip to jail.

We're not necessarily all polite or impolite but unfortunately people reacting like that to others photographing their property is not uncommon. I've never had that sort of reaction while doing landscapes but have had some other odd ones.

Quote Originally Posted by rjbuzzclick View Post
    Two from me. Both taken with a Calumet CC-400, and a pair of Dr. Farber's Rapid-Aplanat f:7.5 lens elements in a Rochester Optical & Camera Co./Bausch & Lomb Optical Co. AUTO shutter (both c.1905). Expired Ilford FP4 (not FP4 Plus) and scanned from a contact print.
    Like the tones of the textures rocks and wood against the strong highlights. For me, the second one begs to see a little bit more of the first rock at the front.

Cheers,

Luc
    Field # ShenHao XPO45 - Monorail # Sinar P, F2
    [CENTER]6x6 # Minolta 1965 Autocord, 6x9 # Kodak 1946 Medalist II

Quote Originally Posted by NicolasArg View Post
    Luc, I really like your recent photos. I tend to do almost 90% of my photography in the mountains so share your passion for the rock and ice. Who said all the mountain shots should have red peaks and be colored?
    What is color ?

Cheers,

Luc

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becia View Post
    Nathan,

I think you were too nice to the old fart. My comment would have been something like this - "call your daughter, I'm not doing anything illegal, but golf carts on roads are not street legal." Jim
    Isn't it the case that in small town/counties, the "law" (or local by-laws) are enforced by sheriffs that are members of very large local families or is that only on TV shows? Luckily in Canada, we have our RCMPs that are from all over the country so should be impartial - except that it is not going to help if two guys come out with a bat or a gun in the middle of nowhere and tell you to hit the road...

Cheers,

Luc