Page 1363 of 1715 FirstFirst ... 36386312631313135313611362136313641365137314131463 ... LastLast
Results 13,621 to 13,630 of 17147

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Sally Spillers Branch, which empties just past this scene into Canada Creek at the trailhead/campsite of what I am calling the Canada Creek Trail, near Suches, GA

Korona/Deardorff 8x20, G-Claron 305mm f/9 (dagor), Ilford HP5+, dev'd in HC-110 dil. H for 10 minutes at 71F
    Exposure was 6 minutes at f/90, metered at an EI of 200 and calculated with reciprocity at t^1.31

34.685887, -84.051630

Midway through the exposure, the morning sun came over the ridge and illuminated the background trees, giving this scene an even better "glow" that I think really captured the crisp autumn air of late October in north GA.

Very happy with this whole exposure and composition. Will definitely be contact printing this one.
    Last edited by Corran; 29-Oct-2018 at 21:45.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Very well done, Bryan! The image has a gentle and luminous quality that's very appealing.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Will definitely be contact printing this one.
    Very cool--between the size of the print and the aspect ratio, I imagine it will generate a lot of "loiter time" since there are specific zones, each with its own set of textures and point of interest. (FWIW, I'm betting the pebble bar and the backlit canopy will look great if you tone the print.)

Thanks CB! Yes I will try some toning when I print. Gotta touch up the negative slightly due to dust and make some prints. I am real close to running out of larger paper though so it might have to wait.

Today I got a little lost in the woods. Was following a creek but ended up accidentally heading up a different creek at a confluence. It's getting colder but I had to wade in some deep water when I got stuck trying to bushwack up that creek. Finally turned myself around and went up the right creek to find this wonderful little falls.

Canada Creek Falls III
    Chamonix 45n1, Nikkor 90mm f/8, TMX, FX-39

Climbed over the rock on the right and onto a big pile of branches that had floated down and shot into the pool, where lots of foam had accumulated, using a polarizer to increase my exposure time:

Maybe in a few weeks this pool will be filled with leaves and I can get a different image. The foam was too thick for my liking.

Today I got a little lost in the woods.
    Bewildered, Bryan...professionals (like the oft-quoted Daniel Boone) are bewildered, never lost.

FWIW, land nav is a bigger challenge in the relatively low/mid elevations than it is in bigger country--here in the GSMNP, the southwest part of the Park, especially the Panther Creek drainage, is notorious for packing a whole lot of terrain features into a small area.

Lost was a little hyperbolic. Following a creek, it's hard to get truly lost. When I was young, I used to hop over a small creek behind my parents' house and wander in the undeveloped woods. I have a pretty strong sense of direction and remember landmarks so I never got really lost. I have a lot of fond memories of those woods, that I am reminded of when hiking out in remote areas.

Here's a photo from the confluence of Wildhog Creek and Canada Creek, after returning from the falls above. Taken with my 65mm f/8 SA:

Following a creek, it's hard to get truly lost.
    Ha, of course it's also possible to be SOL and know exactly where you are...the classic scenario here in the GSMNP is flyfishermen not making it around the "Horseshoe" of Abrams Creek before nightfall, then thinking they can climb out of the gorge.

At any rate, the last shot is my favorite of your series--UWA certainly gives you "graphic" possibilities I really haven't considered.

More great stuff, Bryan! You've really found your stride.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know