Page 631 of 1715 FirstFirst ... 13153158162162963063163263364168173111311631 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,310 of 17147

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Finally getting some transparencies back from this summer. This is Mt. Rainier from the trail up to Third Burroughs Mountain. This was my first box of E100G and now I guess it's gone? This was also shot when I only had one lens, which wasn't nearly as wide as I would have liked!

Mt. Rainier, enroute to Third Burroughs Mountain by Jeffery D Ross, on Flickr
    Chamonix 45n-2
    Kodak E100G
    Epson V750 scan

Photographer, Machinist, etc. Jeffrey Sipress's Avatar

Laura, that is a lovely image, and done in such a classic style. I'm around Lone Pine a few times a year. I visit and shoot eastern CA and DV often and have for a long time (see my site). I'm going to check out your Center for Photography site.

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Finally getting some transparencies back from this summer. This is Mt. Rainier from the trail up to Third Burroughs Mountain. This was my first box of E100G and now I guess it's gone? This was also shot when I only had one lens, which wasn't nearly as wide as I would have liked!

Mt. Rainier, enroute to Third Burroughs Mountain by Jeffery D Ross, on Flickr
    Chamonix 45n-2
    Kodak E100G
    Epson V750 scan
    I see what you mean about the wide but compressed is nice too. It really emphasizes the lines (soil and mountain) and the textures in both. You're makin' me want to shoot color. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Sipress View Post
    Laura, that is a lovely image, and done in such a classic style. I'm around Lone Pine a few times a year. I visit and shoot eastern CA and DV often and have for a long time (see my site). I'm going to check out your Center for Photography site.
    Thanks Jeffrey! Glad you like it. And thanks for checking out esc4p. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by al olson View Post
    Vaughn, this is a real nice panorama. I like the composition, the tones, and the textures of the bark, the leaves, and the grasses. It all fits together. I can't tell that the highlights detract from it at all, or that they need to be tamed. I would love to see the full-sized print.
    Thanks, Al. I can get pretty picky, LOL! I have the UV lights warming up right now -- will get my first print out in a couple hours, so we'll see if I can make an improvement. I lost detail in the highlights in a couple small areas I am hoping to tame (such as the piece of wood on the bottom of the image (near the middle)!

This was also shot when I only had one lens, which wasn’t nearly as wide as I would have liked!
    Love the snowy texture, which you’ve captured so well.

As for the wider view you want, I’m here to help.

I’m looking north to the volcano’s south face, colored below w/ autumn reds & coniferous greens.

Tachi 4x5
    Fuji A 240mm/9
    Astia 100-F
    Epson 4990/Epson Scan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mount Rainier.jpg  

Preston Birdwell

Laura and Vaughn, your work from the Alabama Hills is making me homesick. Many of my early East Side adventures were in the Mount Whitney area, so these images bring lots of fond memories.

--P
    Last edited by Preston; 23-Dec-2012 at 22:40. Reason: typo
    Preston-Columbia CA

"If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse; that comes a little cheaper."

Thanks, Preston. I was hoping to spend the night there (got there at noon), but my boys wanted to get on down the road to SoCal and hit the beaches. Hope to get back over there (without the boys) in February or so. Hope to hit Joshua Tree (if I swing far enough south to see my folks), Death Valley, Eureka Valley (depending on the health of the van) and Alabama Hills.

...This is Mt. Rainier from the trail up to Third Burroughs Mountain.
    And here's the view from Third Burroughs (to the right in your pic), also showing the summit crater's rim rocks as in yours. It took three tries to get there; the first two started out with clear blue sky and clouds formed at noon on Second Burroughs, obliterating everything. Sinar Norma 4x5, Tri-X 320, yellow filter, Super Angulon 90. Looking down on the Winthrop Glacier.
    Attachment 85964

On a Rainier roll - this one's from Spray Park.

Avalanche Lilies, Mt. Rainier by Neanderthal EAJ, on Flickr