Page 1162 of 1715 FirstFirst ... 162662106211121152116011611162116311641172121212621662 ... LastLast
Results 11,611 to 11,620 of 17147

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becia View Post
    A couple more from this fall. Both taken on the same day in a light rain. I love shooting in the rain even though it is a pain in the butt. The colors just glow. The first one was taken in Yellowstone and second one just outsice of Yellowstone on my way down through the Tetons. I used an Ebony 8x10 on both with a 210 on the Yellowstone image and a 450 on the other. Velvia 50 was the film on both images.
    Absolutely beautiful!

AnzaRunner

Here are two images from a spring backpacking trip in 2015. Both were shot with an Ebony RW810 using my Nikkor 300mm 5.6 lens. The first photo was taken on Velvia 50, and the second was taken on Ektar 100.

A couple more from this fall. Both taken on the same day in a light rain. I love shooting in the rain even though it is a pain in the butt. The colors just glow. The first one was taken in Yellowstone and second one just outsice of Yellowstone on my way down through the Tetons. I used an Ebony 8x10 on both with a 210 on the Yellowstone image and a 450 on the other. Velvia 50 was the film on both images.
    Jim, Very nice! The colors are wonderful. The rain really works here.

Quote Originally Posted by AnzaRunner View Post
    Here are two images from a spring backpacking trip in 2015. Both were shot with an Ebony RW810 using my Nikkor 300mm 5.6 lens. The first photo was taken on Velvia 50, and the second was taken on Ektar 100.

Ben,

Like both of them. Have you ever thought of trying to get in there in the fall when the cottonwoods are turning? That would certainly be interesting. It was nice running into you and talking with you again in Zion. How did Death Valley treat you? Jim

Thanks for the comments. I think I have more fun with photographing the previous type of images, more intimate and compelling to me. Here are a couple more from Bryce, an area I struggle to photograph. I am usually passing thorough the area going from Capitol Reef to Zion or vice versa, but try to stop for an evening/morning to photograph. I generally struggle there. Both images with my Ebony 8x10 and on Velvia 50 I believe. The first image is the icon Thor's Hammer and second is an image from Fairyland Point. I tend to like the back lighting and reflected light that happens in the morning. The first is with a Fuji 300 5.6 and the second with my Nikkor 450.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails thors hammer and reflected light .jpg   fairyland point hoodoos .jpg  

Both are beautiful, Jim!!!!

What a series Jim, magnificent colours, a pleasure to look at,

Cheers,

Renato

Nothing like rain to make the colors pop.

I really like the second image but I absolutely love the first one in Yellowstone.

These colours are astounding!

Ben & Jim, great color photos in this thread lately. Good work! JaZ's dolomite images are a real treat as well.

Sergei, I shoot with expired Portra now and then; the magenta color cast around the edges is a common problem. I correct it by opening the scanned image in lightroom, then using the adjustment brush (K on the keyboard). Then I adjust the color temperature sliders of the adjustment brush (the yellow/blue and green/magenta sliders) for the correction (usually adding a lot more green), and brush away at the image until I get it fixed.
    -Adam