Page 1189 of 1715 FirstFirst ... 189689108911391179118711881189119011911199123912891689 ... LastLast
Results 11,881 to 11,890 of 17147

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

http://instagram.com/abgefackt Arkasha_from_Russia's Avatar

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Quote Originally Posted by stawastawa View Post

I also feel like I am sitting behind the logs in the grass
    ...and poo
    @shlein_filmphotography

Here are a couple of images that I made out in Death Valley this February. While the "super bloom" was going on, I spent most of my time working other areas. I found out quickly that the wind and the flowers were just too much for the 8x10. Did manage a few flower attempts, but nothing too exciting. I enjoyed the ridges and washes with their wonderful earth tones. Spent at least 3 if not 4 mornings in and around this area trying to keep Fuji in business! Both of these images were made with my Ebony 8x10. The first one is with Velvia 50 with my Fuji 300 and the second one is with Velvia 100F and my Nikkor 450. I am already planning to head back this winter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails into the wash - above zabriskie.jpg   ridges above zabriskie .jpg  

very beautiful

Thanks stawastawa and Arkasha_from_Russia. I had the arch in the top of the scene but needed a solid foreground. The logs were just right. The big concern was snakebite while clambering over all the dead wood. Australia is the most snake "infested" continent and Marlong Arch is very remote: more than 100 miles from the nearest medical help.
    Photography:first utterance. Sir John Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society. "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..".

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becia View Post
    Here are a couple of images that I made out in Death Valley this February. While the "super bloom" was going on, I spent most of my time working other areas. I found out quickly that the wind and the flowers were just too much for the 8x10. Did manage a few flower attempts, but nothing too exciting. I enjoyed the ridges and washes with their wonderful earth tones. Spent at least 3 if not 4 mornings in and around this area trying to keep Fuji in business! Both of these images were made with my Ebony 8x10. The first one is with Velvia 50 with my Fuji 300 and the second one is with Velvia 100F and my Nikkor 450. I am already planning to head back this winter.
    Very nice. I've been there a couple of times and I will most likely go again. It's a cool and unique place. More so than many think. That is especially true when shooting LF.

Here are a couple more images taken in DV and recently scanned. Both were taken in the general vicinity of the last two that I showed. And both images were taken using 8x10 film with my Ebony 8x10. In the first image, I was hoping for the sun to pop out at sunrise and bath the ridges in nice warm light, but that was not to be. However, I did like the fairly dark clouds at the horizon, so I took a couple of chances and used two sheets of film. The second image is rather similar to the the one posted in post 11895. The composition is very similar, but it was taken on a different morning when the lighting was much warmer. I enjoyed spending my time in this area and the different light I experienced.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ridgeline leading to zabriskie .jpg   ridges above zabriskie clean #3 .jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becia View Post
    I like the first one. Nice flow to the image. The second one look muddy blue to my eye. If you are there next Jan., lets meet up.

1941 Eastman View Commerical B - Kodak Commercial Ektar 12" - f/45 - Arista Edu 100 - 8x10 Film - HC110 1+100 - Unaltered Negative Scan

Where do I begin to praise this lens? This is the type of lens Ansel had on this exact model of camera that I own. So the camera gear has gone "full Ansel" over here. But the results speak for themselves. Had to track down a special 60 year old filter but its all there. what a pleasure to use.

Really nice Richards, maybe a small tweak on dev. to get rid of strong reflections over the rocks could have been done - I tough about a Linear Polarizer also but it would destroy those wonderful reflections on the water surface,

Cheers,

Renato

Lots of great detail for the eye to wander around on. Thanks for sharing.
    --- Steve from Missouri ---