Page 1164 of 1715 FirstFirst ... 164664106411141154116211631164116511661174121412641664 ... LastLast
Results 11,631 to 11,640 of 17147

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Small town, South Carolina, US

Re: Large Format Landscapes

I really, really like the composition!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becia View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the comments on the prior images.

So, in continuing with the Midwest theme, here are the final two from here in the Midwest that I took this fall. They are both from a lake up near Ely, MN called Birch Lake. I think we were one of two campsites occupied while we were there in October. Mornings were always interesting in terms of light and/or fog, and one morning was wonderful hearing the howls of wolves from across the lake. If I recall correctly, these were taken on two separate mornings. The first image was taken using a Graphic Kowa 210 on 8x10 Velvia 50, and the second was taken with a Nikkor 450 using 8x10 Provia. Having spent so much time out in southern Utah, it was fun having fog in the morning, and I manage to not screw up the exposures!

I agree with comments above. Both are nice. The second is a great blend of composition, color and fog.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becia View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the comments on the prior images.

So, in continuing with the Midwest theme, here are the final two from here in the Midwest that I took this fall. They are both from a lake up near Ely, MN called Birch Lake. I think we were one of two campsites occupied while we were there in October. Mornings were always interesting in terms of light and/or fog, and one morning was wonderful hearing the howls of wolves from across the lake. If I recall correctly, these were taken on two separate mornings. The first image was taken using a Graphic Kowa 210 on 8x10 Velvia 50, and the second was taken with a Nikkor 450 using 8x10 Provia. Having spent so much time out in southern Utah, it was fun having fog in the morning, and I manage to not screw up the exposures!
    Beautiful, Jim.

Found this while hiking at the local SP last week, in the woods, no roads close by.
    B&J 4x5/127 Ysarex
    Fomapan 100/PMK Pyro
    scan of print

Rick Allen

Argentum Aevum

practicing Pastafarian

Chamonix 8x10, Schneider 240/5.6, Ilford FP4+, Pyrocat HD. Scan from contact print.
    Ian Land
    Photographer, Silverhill Press Editor

Website | Instagram | Silverhill Press

A couple more from a trip to the Yellowstone area this past fall. These two are from the Norris Geyser Basin in Yellowstone. It is one of those areas that is fascinating and difficult to photograph, at least to me. One must remain on the boardwalks. That presents a couple of problems, vibrations and rumblings from the geysers and vibrations from people walking by. I am generally there when there are fewer people - early mornings or in the evening. And you must also work for your compositions from a restricted area, and that I understand being such a fragile and also dangerous area. The first one was taken in the evening. I kept hoping the sky would catch more color, but it never did. It was taken with a 300 on the Ebony 8x10 using Velvia 50. The second one was taken with a 450 on Velvia 100. While not a fan of Velvia 100, it really did a very nice job on the muted tones of the photo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails evening light at norris geyser basin.jpg   pastel pool - norris geyser basin .jpg  

Very nice, Jim -- I especially like the lack of sky/horizon in the second one --yet it feels like it does have one.

PS -- Even AA got a ticket at Point Lobos for going off the trail! And I have been yelled at by a ranger in Bryce Canyon for going off the trail -- I had the 4x5 set-up already, but he let me make the exposure.

Thankfully, he did not catch me making this one (5x7 neg), but we were waaaaay off trail!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BryceCanyon, Nude 1.jpg  
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Chamonix 8x10, Schneider 240/5.6, Ilford FP4+, Pyrocat HD. Scan from contact print.
    Ian Land
    Photographer, Silverhill Press Editor

Website | Instagram | Silverhill Press

Fishing hole and boat launch near Barney, GA, along the Little River. Chamonix 45n1, Zeiss 15cm f/4.5 Tessar, APX100, Rodinal

Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

iLike!