Page 595 of 1715 FirstFirst ... 9549554558559359459559659760564569510951595 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,950 of 17147

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Very nice image, Harley. Well done.

Mono Lake sunrise. I have since heard that sunset are better :-/ Next time then... Shenhao 617, Nikkor 90/8 SW, Provia 400X

(view large here: http://richardmanphoto.com/PICS/20121109-Scanned-46.jpg)

A classic image of Mono Lake and tufa!

It seems like I am there more often in the morning than sunsets, but I use B&W film. I will be there early in the morning (again) of this coming Sunday (then down 395 for the night in the Alabama Hills). Early morning at Mono is just the way the road plays it out. Might walk around with the 8x10, depending on the patience of my boys. Last time I just took the Diana camera down to the Lake with the boys...and saved the 8x10 for the Alabama Hills. This time it would be good to get an 8x10 of the boys amongst the tufa. They would have the patience for one good set-up in the cold morning air. And I can probably get them to haul the tripod down to the Lake, too...and if they aren't sneaky enough, haul it back to the carpark, too!

Bryce Canyon NP, Utah.

I have always found Bryce Canyon challenging to photograph in black and white. It is so riotously colorful, and the majority of images are fairly wide shots from the rim capturing as much of the scene as possible. But Bryce Canyon's hoodoos and spires are marvelous examples of texture, form and tonality, at least to me. So I searched for a composition to juxtapose formations in the foreground with those in the background, and found an interesting spot along the Queen's Garden Trail. The setting sun nicely sidelit the rocks and provided some highlights.

Harley that is a great shot of Canyonlands NP.

Wista VX / 150mm Rodenstock Apo-Sironar S-ED lens / Kodak Tri-X Pan film / Acu-1 developer

Duane,

A nice capture in B&W! Enough contrasts and variations in tone to make it work well. Tough job well done.
    Jim Cole
    Flagstaff, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by Duane Polcou View Post
    Bryce Canyon NP, Utah.

I have always found Bryce Canyon challenging to photograph in black and white. It is so riotously colorful, and the majority of images are fairly wide shots from the rim capturing as much of the scene as possible. But Bryce Canyon's hoodoos and spires are marvelous examples of texture, form and tonality, at least to me. So I searched for a composition to juxtapose formations in the foreground with those in the background, and found an interesting spot along the Queen's Garden Trail. The setting sun nicely sidelit the rocks and provided some highlights.

Wista VX / 150mm Rodenstock Apo-Sironar S-ED lens / Kodak Tri-X Pan film / Acu-1 developer
    Very nicely done. I like the kind of spiral look to the composition. The tonal contrast works rather well. Bryce is not an easy place to pull of a good B&W.

Thanks for the comment on my image, too.

Changing Seasons

I found this scene along a narrow country road in northwestern Colorado a couple of weeks ago. The road ran through many small towns. I had my 4x5 set up in the early morning and the locals driving by on their way to work looked at me like I was insane. They could not fathom what I might be pointing my camera at on a cold morning along this stretch of their little road.

Chamonix 4x5, Nikkor 300M, Velvia 50

Critiques are always welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Harley Goldman View Post
    Changing Seasons

I found this scene along a narrow country road in northwestern Colorado a couple of weeks ago. The road ran through many small towns. I had my 4x5 set up in the early morning and the locals driving by on their way to work looked at me like I was insane. They could not fathom what I might be pointing my camera at on a cold morning along this stretch of their little road.

Chamonix 4x5, Nikkor 300M, Velvia 50

Critiques are always welcome.
    Lovely. Soft, subtle colors.
    Jim Cole
    Flagstaff, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Cole View Post
    Lovely. Soft, subtle colors.
    +1