Page 1044 of 1715 FirstFirst ... 445449449941034104210431044104510461054109411441544 ... LastLast
Results 10,431 to 10,440 of 17147

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kennedy View Post
    Thanks - seriously not happy with the resulting scan lol. I uploaded it to my web site, the trees look terrible.even on this site with my screen they dont look great.

First time ive loaded 8x10 film in this camera - i.will.not.give.up! Im bound and determined to shot lots of (sheet) film this summer! If it ever gets here - shot this today. Im not happy with the sky - and i rarely am. not sure if its how i develop or agitate or what but im rarely happy with my skies.

I need to make myself a checklist as to what I need to take with me - I forgot my loupe.

D'oh.
    A friend of mine he shoots mainly E6 will sometimes do the almost digital thing and expose for the sky on a separate exposure and blend .(i do it as well when grads can't be used ) And even though B&W film has far more dynamic range , Winter skies with no detail can present a problem

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_nkl6bv6mkl1roqqmfo1_540.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	173.3 KB 
ID:	130401
    Here's one from last week that I shot up near Payson, Arizona. This is on a Shen Hao with a 90mm Caltar.

Not much you can do for contrast on gray snowy days aside from contrast adjustment. Keep going back in different sunshine situations.

Noobie to LF

chassis: thanks for the comments - Ive never tried stand development with sheet film yet. didnt think it would work too well with sheets?? figured they might start to float to the top or something. Ive used stand when developing 35mm and I think 120 as well and liked the results. I could try it with sheet, might try it with 4x5 first though. one thing i like about stand is that you dont have to worry too much about the temps. add the dev, come back an hour later (or whatever).

stoneNYC: I will try Rodinal next sheet for sure. I love using HC-110 and Rodinal as both are so cheap to use - drawing out what little you need.

jp: no you are correct - not much you can do with the flat lighting. As I mentioned previously, I like going to the same subjects to test different films, cameras, lenses etc and of course different lighting conditions. The next week should be pretty nice out (for us, at this time of year) so i wont mind making another trip out to the barn.

I dont mind making mistakes - if Im able to learn from them (although I really hate losing the image lol), its part of the fun of film photography for me. But sometimes, I just get frustrated.

Large Format Rocks ImSoNegative's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RHITMrB View Post
    Portra 400 as (almost) always

It's a church: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_...orge,_Lalibela
    Wow! very cool
    "WOW! Now thats a big camera. By the way, how many megapixels is that thing?"

Thank you all very much for so kind comments on my previous photo.

I'm not sure if this one is failed or OK.
    I visualized this three icebergs as sharp, fuzzier and blurred. But, obviously, I undersestimated the river and tripod stability.

Passage in time by JaZ99wro, on Flickr

Graflex 4x5
    Caltar N-II 150/5.6
    TMY-2
    1200 seconds exposure time

Jaz99, I really love your pictures of Iceland. It's a place I have been wanting to visit for quite some time. My wife and I have scheduled our honeymoon over there, and hopefully it will happen some day.

Anyway, here's one much closer from home:

Balanced Rock by L'Eidolon, on Flickr

Lots of movements from the front standard to get everything in focus. Quite challenging for a composition that is probably a classic view of this rock.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Myxine View Post
    Jaz99, I really love your pictures of Iceland. It's a place I have been wanting to visit for quite some time. My wife and I have scheduled our honeymoon over there, and hopefully it will happen some day.

Anyway, here's one much closer from home:

Balanced Rock by L'Eidolon, on Flickr

Lots of movements from the front standard to get everything in focus. Quite challenging for a composition that is probably a classic view of this rock.

This is cool image. Funny, my wife and I are planning our anniversary in US south west ;-)
    If you have any questions regarding Iceland, just post me a message.

Quote Originally Posted by JaZ99 View Post
    Thank you all very much for so kind comments on my previous photo.

I'm not sure if this one is failed or OK.
    I visualized this three icebergs as sharp, fuzzier and blurred. But, obviously, I undersestimated the river and tripod stability.

Passage in time by JaZ99wro, on Flickr

Graflex 4x5
    Caltar N-II 150/5.6
    TMY-2
    1200 seconds exposure time
    That's still pretty awesome, I would love to have the opportunity to photograph moving icebergs, that's freaking just incredible, in my lifetime if I had the opportunity to see such a thing I'll be excited, let alone photograph it.

Myxine. Nice photos you've been posting. It looks like your a fan of Big Bend.