Page 888 of 1715 FirstFirst ... 3887888388788868878888898908989389881388 ... LastLast
Results 8,871 to 8,880 of 17147

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

2 Bit Hack

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Ditto
    Regards

Marty

Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    What others said...Amazing! Care to share details about exposure, camera, film, dev you're willing to share?

Beautiful, graceful!

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    What others said...Amazing! Care to share details about exposure, camera, film, dev you're willing to share?
    I am glad you like these photos and I hesitate if these 2 photos should be published in this forum because they are taken by Horseman FA45 camera and my films are used up 6*9 film back. I don’t know if these photo comply with the standard Large Format Photography. The film is PROVIA RDP3 100F and the lens is topcon 90mm/f5.6. The photos are only decolourized and adjusted the contrast, no more other processes. This simple process can not get rid of the dust. I am surprised the effect after decolourized.

I am glad you like these photos and I hesitate if these 2 photos should be published in this forum because they are taken by Horseman FA45 camera and my films are used up 6*9 film back. I don’t know if these photo comply with the standard Large Format Photography. The film is PROVIA RDP3 100F and the lens is topcon 90mm/f5.6. The photos are only decolourized and adjusted the contrast, no more other processes. This simple process can not get rid of the dust. I am surprised the effect after decolourized.
    You're allowed to post an image if it was taken with a large format camera, so even the horseman is ok

And scanning and desaturation are allowed here, just not on APUG, but in LFPF it seems to be all about the camera being LF

Thanks, interesting process.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    You're allowed to post an image if it was taken with a large format camera, so even the horseman is ok

And scanning and desaturation are allowed here, just not on APUG, but in LFPF it seems to be all about the camera being LF

Thanks, interesting process.
    Scanning and desaturation are allowed on APUG, just they would rather you not talk about how to scan or desat. You been on APUG for long enough, Why even bring up APUG, first rule of APUG is never to talk abo...

Quote Originally Posted by TXFZ1 View Post
    Scanning and desaturation are allowed on APUG, just they would rather you not talk about how to scan or desat. You been on APUG for long enough, Why even bring up APUG, first rule of APUG is never to talk abo...
    Haha

I specifically had a discussion about desaturation because I wanted to take a chrome images and make it B&W and was told that was not allowed because it would be done digitally, I would have to get some direct positive B&W paper and then print the chrome onto that, in order for it to be allowed.

And TECHNICALLY scanning is allowed only if it represents the print, so you first have to have a traditionally created optical print and make sure the scan matched the print as well as possible. THAT rule I (and many others) break.

Anyway that's why I come here, to get out of the extreme insanity of restriction and find the extreme insanity of large sheets of film

hacker extraordinaire

Incidentally, I have had some very pleasant results with making negatives (enlarger or contact) from transparancies, then making B&W prints. You can even apply color filters in the making of the internegative.
    Science is what we understand well enough to explain to a computer. Art is everything else we do.
    --A=B by Petkovšek et. al.

Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    Incidentally, I have had some very pleasant results with making negatives (enlarger or contact) from transparancies, then making B&W prints. You can even apply color filters in the making of the internegative.
    Maybe we'll talk when I start doing color printing... I'm very interested in making color internegs.

Cânion Fortaleza, Rio Grande do Sul State (southern Brasil)

Ilford Delta 100 4x5
    Rodenstock 150mm f/5.6 Sironar N

Cânion Fortaleza by Victor Oliveira Eskinazi, on Flickr