Page 1074 of 1715 FirstFirst ... 7457497410241064107210731074107510761084112411741574 ... LastLast
Results 10,731 to 10,740 of 17147

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Noobie to LF

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Ignace Ontario, a little place I love to go to even tho there is basically just this one feature - Raleigh Falls.
    I drove an hour each way, and only took this one photo.

Toyo 810G, Schneider - Kreuznach Symmar 355mm lens.
    Film used was Fomapan 100, tray developed in HC-110 dilution 'B' for 7.5 mins at 18C.

Approximately 5 seconds at F64.

Quote Originally Posted by David Hedley View Post
    Thanks Peter. This is over on the other side of the Bernese Oberland, from Eggishorn in the Aletsch area. I think there is a fairly challenging ski-trek to bring you over the back of the Bernese Oberland (either down from the Jungfraujoch towards Aletsch, past the Konkordiahütte, or in the opposite direction), but you need experience of cross-country skiing on glaciers for that.
    Thank you, David. I don't know about the ski-trek but in summer it seems to be a fairly easy glacier tour going all the way down from Jungfraujoch to Konkordiaplatz and further on the Aletsch glacier. But I probably wouldn't want to carry my LF equipment.

Peter
    c&c always welcome!

"The world just does not fit conveniently into the format of a 35mm camera." (W. Eugene Smith)

http://peter-yeti.jimdo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Rösler View Post
    Hi, thanks for looking and commenting.

I was wrong with Oberwinter (GPS in my 5x7 can be unrealiable ) - actually it was taken at the small harbour of Brohl-Lützing. It was a very misty day, not uncommon in the valleys of the Rhine. The light can be spectacular in those cases.

Hi Peter, a few people, like yourself, will be familiar, that's all that matters. Many thanks for the comment, much appreciated!

Dirk
    You are right, Dirk. But I think that quite many photographers are missing out because Sander's work is so little known internationally. Of course its strongest influence was on portrait, though even this didn't make it over to the other side of the great pond. Oh well...

Peter
    c&c always welcome!

"The world just does not fit conveniently into the format of a 35mm camera." (W. Eugene Smith)

http://peter-yeti.jimdo.com

Quote Originally Posted by glass eye View Post
    Sinar F - Rodenstock Grandagon N 90 6.8 - Kodak Tmax 400 - Kodak HC-110 dil E. (1+47) - Yellow Filter

Tino's Island view from Palmaria Island
    "5 Terre" Natural Reserve
    Liguria - Italy

Isola del Tino by Matteo Lazzerini, on Flickr

Matteo
    Matteo,

I like your composition on this. Very nice use of the overhanging tree.

Noobie to LF

I have to agree, the use of the tree with the island works really well imo

Lake district, 4x5 Fomapan 100, Toyo VX125b and Schneider Super-Angulon 72mm f5.6 XL...

Quote Originally Posted by spkennedy3000 View Post
    Lake district, 4x5 Fomapan 100, (Toyo VX125b * ) and ( Schneider Super-Angulon 72mm f5.6 XL **).
    * drool
    ** drool

Quote Originally Posted by Old-N-Feeble View Post
    * drool
    ** drool
    I also have a CENTRE FILTER!!

Cherries by a road (somewhere else)
    Part of my "Serene Landscape" series

Blooming cherry trees are my main spring theme, I really love them. I used to shoot them in a different place (for example "Cherry alley", "Cherries by a road", "Alley #1", "Alley #2", "Cherries by a road (3 years later)" or "Lined"), but all the trees there were cut down. I'm trying to find a different place (with the cherries) that would speak to me as much as that one...

Shot with Chamonix 5×8" and Schneider-Kreuznach Xenar 210mm f:4.5 lens (and some ND filters) on 5×7" sheet of Adox CHS 25, developed in Rodinal as N-1 process. Slightly cropped (both at the top and bottom)
    Jiri Vasina
    www.vasina.net

@ Google+ | @ Facebook | @ flickr

My books @ Blurb (only heavily outdated "Serene Landscape").

Quote Originally Posted by Jiri Vasina View Post

Cherries by a road (somewhere else)
    Part of my "Serene Landscape" series

Blooming cherry trees are my main spring theme, I really love them. I used to shoot them in a different place (for example "Cherry alley", "Cherries by a road", "Alley #1", "Alley #2", "Cherries by a road (3 years later)" or "Lined"), but all the trees there were cut down. I'm trying to find a different place (with the cherries) that would speak to me as much as that one...

Shot with Chamonix 5×8" and Schneider-Kreuznach Xenar 210mm f:4.5 lens (and some ND filters) on 5×7" sheet of Adox CHS 25, developed in Rodinal as N-1 process.
    I really like the movement on the trees, the off-center of the trees and road kind of bothers me, I think it's just the apparent symmetry of the image draws you in and then you realize the non-symmetry and you're like, whoa... Trippy... The tones are wonderful and exposure perfect, and it is serene, so don't take the critique too poorly, I wouldn't comment if it weren't any good.