Page 969 of 1715 FirstFirst ... 469869919959967968969970971979101910691469 ... LastLast
Results 9,681 to 9,690 of 17147

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Quote Originally Posted by djdister View Post
    This is what I mean...

Attachment 123446
    Some reason I read that wrong and thought you were saying to him that he should cut off the top and leave just the bottom which seems to be what he did so I was confused, apparently I was up way too late last night because I don't even know why I was confused and thought that now that it's morning. lol!

Landscape Addict

"Forgotten"

Home built 4x5" point and shoot
    90mm f/8 Super Angulon.
    38sec f/32
    T-Max 100 @ 64 in Xtol

I get the feeling I under-developed this or under exposed... it was a very long time ago now and I can't recall how I was adjusting for reciprocity or the processing times etc.. I know it would have been rotary developed, and would have been stock solution of xtol...

Majority of the wreck pictured here has now been removed by the local council for the sake of public safety... It is a real shame as its a staple of the local landscape photographers, and will be sorely missed when it is all but gone.. I have a few frames of her on T-Max, a few on RVP-50 and a few digital exposures (that I shan't speak of here) in my portfolio... It makes me both happy and sad at the same time to think that I have images on film now of something that will soon be no-more...
    Chamonix 045N-2 - 65/5.6 - 90/8 - 210/5.6 - Fomapan 100 & T-Max 100 in Rodinal
    Alexartphotography

Alexn - It's a back lit photograph so technically you exposed closer to the sky in this photograph. You would have needed to expose for the shadows (formations) and use a grad ND filter for the sky if you wanted detail in the formations and the sky. And perhaps could have developed 10-15% less to keep the sand tones in a good area. Still a cool photo though I like the silhouette

Landscape Addict

I used a 3 stop hard edge grad filter but it clearly wasn't enough. Haha.
    Chamonix 045N-2 - 65/5.6 - 90/8 - 210/5.6 - Fomapan 100 & T-Max 100 in Rodinal
    Alexartphotography

g018 by 多啦73, on Flickr

2 Bit Hack

Quote Originally Posted by alexn View Post

"Forgotten"

Home built 4x5" point and shoot
    90mm f/8 Super Angulon.
    38sec f/32
    T-Max 100 @ 64 in Xtol

I get the feeling I under-developed this or under exposed... it was a very long time ago now and I can't recall how I was adjusting for reciprocity or the processing times etc.. I know it would have been rotary developed, and would have been stock solution of xtol...

Majority of the wreck pictured here has now been removed by the local council for the sake of public safety... It is a real shame as its a staple of the local landscape photographers, and will be sorely missed when it is all but gone.. I have a few frames of her on T-Max, a few on RVP-50 and a few digital exposures (that I shan't speak of here) in my portfolio... It makes me both happy and sad at the same time to think that I have images on film now of something that will soon be no-more...
    Personally, I like it the way it is. For a minute I thought it was force perspective example using the shore and some Moab Utah rock formations. The tones and texture on the sand are perfect for the mood. I wouldn't change a thing.
    Regards

Marty

Large Format Rocks ImSoNegative's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mat4226 View Post
    This is from back in June/July, but hoping to head back down to catch the beautiful fall colors!

Middle Falls, Hocking Hills

Tachihara 8x10 Double Extension
    Fujinon-W 250mm f/6.7
    8 sec. @ f/16ish + front fall, tilt, swing
    Ilford HP5+ @ ASA 200
    14 min. in Pyrocat HD 1:1.5:100
    very nice shot, that would be a nice contact print, i think you are the fellow i was talking about on another thread the other day, did you do a sheet a day for a year and post on flickr? they were just random things i really enjoyed looking at them.
    "WOW! Now thats a big camera. By the way, how many megapixels is that thing?"

Quote Originally Posted by ImSoNegative View Post
    very nice shot, that would be a nice contact print, i think you are the fellow i was talking about on another thread the other day, did you do a sheet a day for a year and post on flickr? they were just random things i really enjoyed looking at them.
    Hey there! Well, back in 2011 and 2012 I did do a sheet a day for a whole season each time (and yes, they were quite random!), so that probably was me. Hoping to make both some alt process and enlarged prints of this in the near future. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mat4226 View Post
    This is from back in June/July, but hoping to head back down to catch the beautiful fall colors!

Middle Falls, Hocking Hills

Tachihara 8x10 Double Extension
    Fujinon-W 250mm f/6.7
    8 sec. @ f/16ish + front fall, tilt, swing
    Ilford HP5+ @ ASA 200
    14 min. in Pyrocat HD 1:1.5:100

A couple of weeks ago we had a conversation about how the eye is driven inside a frame, sadly the author didn't got the point as you did with this nice picture...
    I do prefer the fluid with detail of a ND filter as you used in this picture, instead of the strongest ND's made to hide anything which is not static in some sort of fog.
    Terrific shot, like it a lot,

Cheers,

Renato

runs a monkey grinder Steve M Hostetter's Avatar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GGgs.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	174.3 KB 
ID:	1238198x10" tranny converted to B&W