Page 1357 of 1715 FirstFirst ... 35785712571307134713551356135713581359136714071457 ... LastLast
Results 13,561 to 13,570 of 17147

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Quote Originally Posted by jesse View Post
    Jeju Korea, Lotus 5x7, Hermagis Aplanatigmat 210mm f6.8, HP5+

Very nice indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Lee View Post

Massachusetts, September 2004
    Arca-Swiss Explorer, 240mm Fujinon A
    4x5 TMY, D-76
    I like this one, has a very smooth and silky look to it.

Grand Canyon Toroweep area looking south about 300 yards west of Toroweep Overlook. Chamonix 45HS-1, 90mm Schneider f/5.6@f/32, 3 seconds. Tmax 100, 2-bath Pyrocat. I need to work the sky, it is too flat I think, needs more contrast. It is there, I just need to bring it out.

[IMG]201800901_0115_20181013_Working by Steven Ruttenberg, on Flickr[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Lee View Post

Massachusetts, October 2018
    Sinar P, 200mm Nikkor M
    4x5 Kodak TMY, D-23
    A fine image Ken!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Ruttenberg View Post
    Grand Canyon Toroweep area looking south about 300 yards west of Toroweep Overlook. Chamonix 45HS-1, 90mm Schneider f/5.6@f/32, 3 seconds. Tmax 100, 2-bath Pyrocat. I need to work the sky, it is too flat I think, needs more contrast. It is there, I just need to bring it out.
    Steven, nicely done. I like your viewpoint compared to the typical Overlook pictures I've seen. The sky is okay but a little more contrast would match the high contrast of the cliffs.

Quote Originally Posted by David Lobato View Post
    Steven, nicely done. I like your viewpoint compared to the typical Overlook pictures I've seen. The sky is okay but a little more contrast would match the high contrast of the cliffs.
    Thank you. I agree. I am gonna work on this some more and look at one of my other images of this scene as well. I could have use a red filter and even a grad nd to help with sky, but image is almost there.

Marco Fantin

A sort of comparison between Fuji Velvia 50 and Kodak Portra 160. The film are essentially the opposite, the first is a high contrast transparency film with 5 stops of dynamic range, while the second is a color negative film with an insanely large latitute---everything slooowly fades to white.
    It is a sort of comparison because the two images were taken a few minutes apart and the light was very different: too much contrast for Velvia with the sun out. Both images were taken with a 3-stop soft edge graduated filter to control the sky.
    Which one do you like most?

I prefer the velvia image. I find velvia to be very true to life when carefully exposed on low contrast scenes.
    The two images were taken at Cape Cod; I think they captured many aspects of the northern part of the cape: the big dunes, the particular shrubby vegetation, the barely traveled sand roads, and the amazing light. However, I am not convinced by any of the two shots and I find them too much chaotic for my liking. Still, it was a fun morning and I think the images are worth sharing.

(Velvia on top, Portra below)

If you like more information I took an on-location video when taking those images (link below).
    My Youtube Channel - Darkroom and large format tutorials

marcookie, interesting comparison, thanks for posting. The difference in dynamic range seems apparent from the examples. What scanning hardware was used?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Ruttenberg View Post
    Wow!!

Quote Originally Posted by marcookie View Post
    A sort of comparison between Fuji Velvia 50 and Kodak Portra 160. The film are essentially the opposite, the first is a high contrast transparency film with 5 stops of dynamic range, while the second is a color negative film with an insanely large latitute---everything slooowly fades to white.
    It is a sort of comparison because the two images were taken a few minutes apart and the light was very different: too much contrast for Velvia with the sun out. Both images were taken with a 3-stop soft edge graduated filter to control the sky.
    Which one do you like most?

I prefer the velvia image. I find velvia to be very true to life when carefully exposed on low contrast scenes.
    The two images were taken at Cape Cod; I think they captured many aspects of the northern part of the cape: the big dunes, the particular shrubby vegetation, the barely traveled sand roads, and the amazing light. However, I am not convinced by any of the two shots and I find them too much chaotic for my liking. Still, it was a fun morning and I think the images are worth sharing.

(Velvia on top, Portra below)

If you like more information I took an on-location video when taking those images (link below).
    Ibthink I prefer the bottom on from Portra.