Page 88 of 1715 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990981381885881088 ... LastLast

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Quote Originally Posted by JR Steel View Post
    We had an uncommonly heavy snow last week and I had a grand time with the 4x5. This was seen near Johnsondale, California an old logging camp now turned private resort.

Snow Covered Boulders
    Wonderful tones in all three! Can you give some info on your setup and film and processing?

This storm over the Painted Desert in Arizona grew to an immense dust storm after sunset, that literally flattened my tent while I lay inside spread out to keep it from blowing away.

"Tent Flattener"

-Scott
    http://scottedwards.us

Quote Originally Posted by jmooney View Post
    Wonderful tones in all three! Can you give some info on your setup and film and processing?
    Thanks for commenting jmooney. My setup is very straightforward as I'm new to 4x5. I use a Toyo 45AII Field camera with modern Schneider and Rodenstock lens. I have keyed in on TMY-2 film and have rated it at ISO of 250. I meter on the lowest textured value and usually place it at Zone 3 to 3 1/2. I process using Rollo Pyro in a CPP 2 Jobo in a 3010 expert drum. These were processed at 70º F at a processor speed of about halfway between 3 & 4 on the Jobo, medium speed, for 9 minutes. I mix all chemistry in distilled water as I'm on wells with a lot of minerals in the water. I wash in tap water but do a final rinse in Photo Flo in distilled. When dry I'm scanning using a Epson 4990 and Epson Scan at 2400dpi. Final processing is done on a G5 Mac.

Nothing unusual or exotic here. I do believe the pyro negs help when scanning but have got very close results using Xtol 1:1.

Here is a link to Michael Gordon's webs site. He put me on to the pyro process with his demo video. http://michaelegordon.wordpress.com/...development-2/

Quote Originally Posted by JR Steel View Post
    Thanks for commenting jmooney. My setup is very straightforward as I'm new to 4x5. I use a Toyo 45AII Field camera with modern Schneider and Rodenstock lens. I have keyed in on TMY-2 film and have rated it at ISO of 250. I meter on the lowest textured value and usually place it at Zone 3 to 3 1/2. I process using Rollo Pyro in a CPP 2 Jobo in a 3010 expert drum. These were processed at 70º F at a processor speed of about halfway between 3 & 4 on the Jobo, medium speed, for 9 minutes. I mix all chemistry in distilled water as I'm on wells with a lot of minerals in the water. I wash in tap water but do a final rinse in Photo Flo in distilled. When dry I'm scanning using a Epson 4990 and Epson Scan at 2400dpi. Final processing is done on a G5 Mac.

Nothing unusual or exotic here. I do believe the pyro negs help when scanning but have got very close results using Xtol 1:1.

Here is a link to Michael Gordon's webs site. He put me on to the pyro process with his demo video. http://michaelegordon.wordpress.com/...development-2/

Thank you so much for the information! Especially for the video link.

Acorn Fence Post

Poso Flat, Tulare Co, Ca., USA

Japan Northern Alps

Toyo metal field (4x5), Fujinon 65mm, TMax100 / Rodinal

Very nice!

Nice photo, David! Very good quality scanning, is this a Epson V700/V750 scanning, or something better?

Kodak 2D 8x10, Schneider Symmar S 360/6.8, Fomapan 100, orange filter. Rodinal 1+50, 6:30 at 68ºF.