Page 859 of 1715 FirstFirst ... 3597598098498578588598608618699099591359 ... LastLast
Results 8,581 to 8,590 of 17147

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

A Journey's End by L'Eidolon, on Flickr

An old negative that just came back from processing. Taken during the monsoon season in Grand Canyon and it was quite the adventure to get there, dodging lightning and slipping in mud.
    Chamonix 4x5 and Kodak Ektar, quickly scanned and processed. The colors and contrast might not be the best, I really need to calibrate my monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Myxine View Post
    A Journey's End by L'Eidolon, on Flickr

An old negative that just came back from processing. Taken during the monsoon season in Grand Canyon and it was quite the adventure to get there, dodging lightning and slipping in mud.
    Chamonix 4x5 and Kodak Ektar, quickly scanned and processed. The colors and contrast might not be the best, I really need to calibrate my monitor
    This is excellent!

Bravo !

Nice work. Great depth.
    The colors miss a little of the Ektar pop, but that's easily corrected. It could use a little more red, but it might be just a profile problem.
    A puny body weakens the soul.
    Paul Cezanne

Quote Originally Posted by JeRuFo View Post
    Nice work. Great depth.
    The colors miss a little of the Ektar pop, but that's easily corrected. It could use a little more red, but it might be just a profile problem.
    I agree about the depth, was tempted to ask the exposure settings and movements.

I think the lack of color is more about the light then anything else, and I think for this particular shot it's not too bad I actually agree with the exposure level, or rather it agrees with me. Otherwise the sky in the background would be all blown out.

As far as the colortone, I'm not sure if that's the film itself, as it tends to shift the blue in lower exposure levels anyway, or the scan itself. But honestly I think it's good how it is.

Grand Canyon Village Substation by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I agree about the depth, was tempted to ask the exposure settings and movements.

I think the lack of color is more about the light then anything else, and I think for this particular shot it's not too bad I actually agree with the exposure level, or rather it agrees with me. Otherwise the sky in the background would be all blown out.

As far as the colortone, I'm not sure if that's the film itself, as it tends to shift the blue in lower exposure levels anyway, or the scan itself. But honestly I think it's good how it is.
    I agree that it looks like underexposed Ektar. On the other hand, I think it works for that image.

Thanks for your comments, all. I appreciate your input. I guess I really need to invest in a calibration device. Looking at the picture from work, it seems more blue/purple, a bit darker and less saturated then what I had on screen. I'm kind of color managment illiterate and I think i should spend some time learning about this

Calibration is not scary anymore. It used to be complicated, but by now most software is really easy to use and it just tells you what to do.

I don't think it looks too dark, the exposure seems spot on to me. I like the canyon a little dark, it feels real.
    A puny body weakens the soul.
    Paul Cezanne

Thanks JeRufo. I'll follow your advice and I'll get into calibration soon. And thanks for your comment. It was an epic weather that day, and the canyon is very impressive in that place

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Truckenbrod View Post
    Pancake Ice, New Years Eve, Grand Marais, MN - Shen-Hao FCL57-A, Fujinon 125 SW, Ilford Delta 100 in Xtol 1:1

A beauty, Joel. Those temps are a bit brisk for my tastes, but more power to ya'!