Page 664 of 1715 FirstFirst ... 16456461465466266366466566667471476411641664 ... LastLast
Results 6,631 to 6,640 of 17147

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

I cut four sheets of 4x5 inch film from one sheet of 8x10 inch x-ray film. I needed to see if I would get any scratches in the cut film. Well, I am happy to say that I did not! I wanted to use the cut down film with my Shen-Hao 4x5 field camera. Anyway, here are the test images:

The exposures were about 1/15th of a second at f16. I used my 135mm Nikkor lens.
    These were processed in full strength D76, for 7 minutes and 15 seconds at 64 degrees F.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mountain Ash Samaria001_resize_resize.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	134.7 KB 
ID:	90926
    Taken yesterday afternoon, Tachihara 4x5. 65mm nikkor. Ilford FP4.
    Dev Rodinal 9min 22.5deg. 1@f32

Great photo Chris!

Some more from Joshua Tree... I went there again last weekend. I need one more trip to retake another picture, but it will have to wait a few weeks.

Both of these pictures were made using an Ebony RW810, 300mm f/5.6 Rodenstock Apo-Sironar-N, Arista .EDU Ultra 100 8x10
    Processed in a unicolor drum, Kodak Tmax RS 1:9, Bronze toned in CS3.

[View Large]

I need to retake this one in oder to improve the depth of field in the background, especially the rock, and to hopefully make an exposure without wind blowing the leaves around. That being said, I thought I would share the picture anyway.

[View Large]

This picture is my second attempt to record this scene. Two weeks prior I was set up in the same spot, I had pulled the dark slide and was ready to make an exposure, but had to wait for some hikers to make their way out of the scene. Just when I was about to trip the shutter, a man comes along and starts engaging me in a conversation about my camera, what kind of film I'm using, what lens I have; the typical questions we've all been exposed to at one time or another (I actually don't mind it, and in most cases I will go out of my way to answer questions and even let them peak under the dark cloth). In any case, this instance was no different, but before I knew it several more hikers came along and were admiring the tree; posing for pictures next it and so on. I decided that I might as well put the dark slide back into the holder while I am entertaining the curious man, and while the new group of hikers did their thing around the tree.

Finally, after what seemed like fifteen minutes, I was able to make the exposure. I was very excited about the picture and thought the scene had tremendous potential. A few days later I processed the film and my anticipation and excitement was crushed when I discovered that when I put that dark slide back in the film holder, I must have bumped the camera ever so slightly, which ruined the composition.

So this last Saturday I drove out to Joshua Tree National Park once again with the primary goal of capturing this scene. I think it was worth the trouble.

Hey Dan, Gorgeous photo. Worth the trouble indeed! Thanks for leading the hike to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by briand View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mountain Ash Samaria001_resize_resize.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	134.7 KB 
ID:	90926
    Taken yesterday afternoon, Tachihara 4x5. 65mm nikkor. Ilford FP4.
    Dev Rodinal 9min 22.5deg. 1@f32
    I looked at your pic and immediately relate to the landscape/trees.

Then surely you are in Australia. I live up in Coffs, NSW.

This was taken using Shen Hao HZX45-IIA. Film - Fuji Velvia, scanned with Epson V700 and converted to BW.

Location - Nelson Bay Dunes, NSW, Australia.

Really excellent Greenspeed!
    My website Flickr
    "There is little or no ‘reality’ in the blacks, grays and whites of either the informational or expressive black-and-white image" -Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by dperez View Post
    Some more from Joshua Tree... I went there again last weekend. I need one more trip to retake another picture, but it will have to wait a few weeks.

Both of these pictures were made using an Ebony RW810, 300mm f/5.6 Rodenstock Apo-Sironar-N, Arista .EDU Ultra 100 8x10
    Processed in a unicolor drum, Kodak Tmax RS 1:9, Bronze toned in CS3.

[View Large]

I need to retake this one in oder to improve the depth of field in the background, especially the rock, and to hopefully make an exposure without wind blowing the leaves around. That being said, I thought I would share the picture anyway.

[View Large]

This picture is my second attempt to record this scene. Two weeks prior I was set up in the same spot, I had pulled the dark slide and was ready to make an exposure, but had to wait for some hikers to make their way out of the scene. Just when I was about to trip the shutter, a man comes along and starts engaging me in a conversation about my camera, what kind of film I'm using, what lens I have; the typical questions we've all been exposed to at one time or another (I actually don't mind it, and in most cases I will go out of my way to answer questions and even let them peak under the dark cloth). In any case, this instance was no different, but before I knew it several more hikers came along and were admiring the tree; posing for pictures next it and so on. I decided that I might as well put the dark slide back into the holder while I am entertaining the curious man, and while the new group of hikers did their thing around the tree.

Finally, after what seemed like fifteen minutes, I was able to make the exposure. I was very excited about the picture and thought the scene had tremendous potential. A few days later I processed the film and my anticipation and excitement was crushed when I discovered that when I put that dark slide back in the film holder, I must have bumped the camera ever so slightly, which ruined the composition.

So this last Saturday I drove out to Joshua Tree National Park once again with the primary goal of capturing this scene. I think it was worth the trouble.
    Its been a long time since I was at Joshua Tree, but both these images brought home how wonderful the area is.
    Thanks for reminding me I must go back.

Mart

Quote Originally Posted by Greenspeed View Post

This was taken using Shen Hao HZX45-IIA. Film - Fuji Velvia, scanned with Epson V700 and converted to BW.

Location - Nelson Bay Dunes, NSW, Australia.
    Nice shot, which lens did you use?