Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Why all of the photography of inanimate objects?

Re: Why all of the photography of inanimate objects?

I can't give an honest answer because I shot 20 sheets of black and white of a model, and it's been over a week and I've not felt inclined to develop the film.

I almost never shoot still life, and recently my rut is so bad that if i shoot living things I don't bother to process, print or upload the images!

An issue I have found regarding people as subjects in photography is that they are divided basically into two groups. The one group who have a vested interest in the outcome and therefore try to cooperate and commit to a satisfactory result. And the rest, who as we are all very aware really don't give a toss about you , your image or anything else image related.

Any one having done intense portraits and or nude word will be very aware of this. To that end when a model is late or indifferent to the appointment is given the fare home on the spot and I move on. Folk who have endeavored to practice such imagery with close mates or spouses will have noticed the help (?) tendered is often more to patronize (help you play) than any purposeful determination for a successful image outcome. This often shows on the then wasted shot. There are exceptions of course.

Just my 2/-'s worth
    Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure... Life is either daring adventure or nothing: Helen Keller.

Quote Originally Posted by r.e. View Post
    You mean like these photos that you posted a month ago today? - http://www.largeformatphotography.in...754#post414754

Wow, someone noticed a photo of mine!

That image isn't really of people though. A couple of hands at best. My goal was shooting the game itself - the hands just worked out. To add to that, they really didn't really even care that I was doing what I was doing. I told them to just go on with what they were doing. I didn't have to pose them or anything. Just let them live their life. A little different than deliberately making a photograph of a person. If they were to move around like that I'm sure I would have been a bit pissed

-Brian

I like old buildings. I feel more comfortable with them. Be it abandoned or still fully functional today. It's just me, my camera, and subject. I have this fondness for history. Photographing them connects me with history. Sometimes if there are people milling about in front of a building, I'll either wait for a moment when there are a few, or I just blur the lot of them with a long shutter speed. My shyness gets in the way of working with people, I guess.

Donald Miller -- I thought this was going to be just another repitious boring question, but instead it has turned out to be an extremely interesting thread.
    I was wrong. Thank you for posting it.
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_A View Post
    I didn't have to pose them or anything. Just let them live their life.
    Ahh, you're a closet street photographer