Hi Guys,

Just wanted to stop in and say hi. I'm getting pretty excited checking out everyones work. Very humbling...it will be great to hang out with such talented people. In my mid 40's, I've been into photography all my life. Re-stated LF about 6 years ago with an old Graphic view. Upgraded to a lighter orbit, then I bought a Wisner 11x14 Tech. Field and I love the thing. (I use an 8x10 back, my favorite format) I got one of his gems. I Keep in in the studio most of the time, but lug it out in the field once in a while...I just need to stay near the car. However I'm dealing with some severe shoulder rotator cuff tendon tears now, so no LF field work for me...I'm just in the studio figuring out how to focus one handed

For small format, I recently started using my old Voigtlander Vito IIa 35mm from the early 50's again. It was my fist camera. (My trusty old OM2 just bit the dust) A little tape on the bellows, and it works like new after sitting for about 15 years, shutter times are spot on! Can't imagine a new mid level Digital P&S lasting more than a couple of years...Someone please tell me: What does product lifespan mean again?

Aside from the obvious optical and mechanical reasons, I love LF and the process of old school non automated photography, and I'm a happy little puppy in the zone system. That said, I haven't got a darkroom, so I rely on a local lab for development. I drum scan my negs/trans and print large format on a Colorspan Esprite.

So I'm looking forward to enjoying hanging with you guys, learning some things and having my work critiqued.