Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KEH online camera brokers, international shipping

KEH online camera brokers, international shipping

Has anyone bought anything from KEH and had it posted/shipped internationally? Or out of the US?
    Theres a few things i have seen on there, just curious what the charges would be.

If anyone could tell me what they have paid to give me an idea that would be great.

thanks

Re: KEH online camera brokers, international shipping

I've had no troubles with stuff sent to Australia and their postal charges are usually much more reasonable than the other reputable stores. The most recent purchase (November) went via "Federal Express Mail Service" with Fedex doing the international bit and the local post doing the actual delivery. The cost was US$27.74 for three pounds three ounces (Fuji 180SF and 250SF and a QR plate) and took just over a month. It arrived with a Swedish airmail sticker so I'm not quite sure what is going on there.

The only troubles I have had has been ordering stuff from the website and then finding that it had gone when they went to fill the box. I'm guessing that phone orders take precedence and maybe the web stuff gets done when the phones stop ringing. It has happened to me twice, but only on desirable 35mm gear, not LF items. I find their rating policy to be very reliable and happily buy stuff marked as "bargain". You do need to read the descriptions carefully as lenses usually come without caps and cases unless noted.

thanks for your help with this one paul. Just the lens i have seen on there seems at a good price, but it doesnt have a lens board, I have found one that has elsewhere for a bit more. Just trying to work out which is the best deal.

Can't help with the international shipping question, but can tell you they are here in Atlanta, I've dealt with them for years, and I have never had cause for complaint. I have met several, if not all, of them in person and they are good people.

International shipping and handling quite high. I bough one Linhof Technik, one 4"X4" wood lens board, and two 4X5 holder dark slide, total US$ 42 shipping to Canada.

My Linhof Techink is lens board. So my total weight only a few oz.

Recently bought a Fuji GX680III with 50mm, 210mm and 500mm lenses. KEH charged me $330 for a delivery by UPS to Hong Kong. It seemed higher than normal, but I accpeted it for the low prices of camera and lenses.

One more thing, I originally tended to buy that 50mm lens as new. But the broker said that they could only offer a second handed 50mm lens since they could not ship NEW item to overseas. But few days after I sent money to KEH, I found at ?bay that KEH put that new 50mm lens for auction and could ship internationally.

I am in the UK and back in the summer when it was $2 to £1 I brought a Sinar F from them with a mettering back and a Sinar to Nikon adapter total price $240 ....shipping costs $265.45. At that time it was still worth it to me because of the price that mettering backs usually go for, with the current exchange rate I doubt I would buy it now.

$120USD for shipping a Bronica 6x7 film holder and a teleconverter to Hong Kong, or $30 but would take weeks and no checking. Opted for cheaper, faxed my card photocopy over [mandatory for first time oversea order], no reply, waited for months but items didn't turn up. Later found my card was never charged and presumably deal not carried through.

Ross

I can't remember postage charges to Sydney, Australia (where else ;-)) but I usually need to correspond with them to specify USPS/Australia Post, as their usual shipping company won't deliver to my address of choice: a Post Office box (hey, beats finding a parcel dumped on your doorstep by a rushed courier).

They have always been very accomodating, but on at least one occasion it seemed to need a prompt for them to go down to the post office. I assume that this was a slight change to their routine.

The freight charge--from vague memory--was reasonable. And BTW one way or the other import duties will catch you if the value exceeds the limit of your country's rules.

Regards - Ross