Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need help bad with R2400 PLEASE!!!

Re: I need help bad with R2400 PLEASE!!!

I'm using PremierArt Fine Art Paper 300gsm C2S hot press 13x19 sheets, and their site said to use the epson usmooth profile and it got great colors.

Well I added a black frame to cover the last inch of the image, and a little black on top to frame it in back. Hoping it would then just print black over the black, then you could not see it at all.

The top black come out great like it should of, but the last part of the image was printed not all black as it should of been. It print some black a little over the green, and had faded black at the end of it. Yellow ink is warning it's out so there no hope of getting a good print now, all that time and money and could not even get not even one good print from it.

I'll tell you I got the colors spot on first shot, that because I spent so much time working on it and researching it. I Got all kinds of money wrap up into this and the junk printer breaks, before the first print was printed that make me feel sick, and you don't want me to tell you what I think of epson right now.

$140 ink set gone and not one good print, well I tried all I could so it's not my lack of not trying. Oh well I have to let go now,so I'll try seeing if a tech can fix it around here with out it costing more then the printer.

Shilesh Jani

Some Epson feed problems can be fixed by re-initializing the printer, by switching it off, pull the power plug. Keep turned off for a minute. If you have not done so, try it. Good luck.

Shilesh
    Shilesh Jani

I framed it into a black 16x20 frame and cut the matt for it, 2 inches on the sides that covers the last inch of the image. And left 1 and 1/2 inches on the top and bottom, that looks great as long as they leave it matted that way no problem.

I'll signed it and mark it as a proof, that should make it fine for anyone looking at it ever. Will over looks the bad last inch of the fine art print, the print has lots of details and great colors.

Just a quick note to say that having owned epson r2400 for three years
    I have sympathy for you. I have had nothing but issues with paper handling
    it was mostly with roll paper not feeding properly and it took ages to get it to
    accept, finally the printer decided enough was enough and wanted a service
    I got a one on ebay suposedly unused it printed a couple of prints and now
    wont accept any paper at all thru the feed, have not tried the roll, it looked like
    a new printer, this is definately the last time epson is getting any of my money
    albeit I got the last one on ebya howerver I have spent a heap on them over the years. No more

update on my previous post regarding r2400 purchased on ebay
    I took it to an epson service centre and they took it apart could not find
    anything wrong put it back together and it still will not feed paper
    I suspect it has to be software related, I updated the driver but that did not
    make any difference, anybody out there had similiar problems, nothing is worn
    the printer is as new.

This is OT but hey. I bought the first Stylus Pro they made. It did 13' wide and cost me $2400. Worked quite well. Needed to be fooled with to produce good prints but it would do very nice 720 DPI prints. You had to be half blind to call them photographic but they were good for the time.

My 3800 cost me $1300 and does 17" wide. It is stunning. Has made great prints right from the first one. No fooling around. Tell it the right paper and you are f%$*ing golden. I've fed it cheap thin photo paper, some Japanese watercolour paper and Epson Premium and it handles it all.

I printed 35mm and MF in my own darkroom for years. Did all kinds of colour both trans and neg and a lot of B&W both traditional and C41 (XP1 shot in bars and pussshed) for fun. The digital printers don't really do eye bite quite like Fuji polyester but everything else is right there.

Good luck with the R2400, I know not much about them but I wanted to point out that the later stuff kills.

As I have previously mentioned I have two of the R 2400 printers. When I use the heavier papers there are certain things that help me with paper feed and the repetitive printing that someone else mentioned here.

The first thing is to set the printer software to heavy weight paper. The second is to manually place a slight curl to the paper before I attempt to feed it into the rear feed slot. I have found that I need to help the paper feed into the rear of the printer...not a large problem for me...if the printer does not immediately sense paper moving into the printer it will go to paper fault reading.

The last thing is to support the heavy papers as they exit the printer. I place an old CS 3 software box on the printer out tray...not under the outfeed tray but on top of the tray. If one does not do this you will experience head strikes with striping and or over printing the last portion of the print.

I have been pleased with both of these printers once I discovered how they like to be handled.

I mostly use Epson Fine Art 13x19" paper with my R2400. As long as I help guide the paper through the feeder I do not get paper jams. I did receive a lot of paper jam lights on until I figured this out.

Best,
    Darr

Epson and Adobe recently had some meetings to figure out why PS CS4 does not print properly with Epson drivers. Meantime, I use Lightroom usually, or PS CS3.