Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need help bad with R2400 PLEASE!!!

Arrow I need help bad with R2400 PLEASE!!!

Hello Everyone......

I'm new but I'm having problems with my new refurb epson R2400, I've had it new and sitting just over a year. And just set it up and run a print at 11x8.5 on matt, I noticed 2 things first it had banding with the black ink. I fixed that problem but also when the print was done, I noticed it didn't eject I had to pull it out ever so lightly, but it did come out fairly easy.

The 2nd print same paper and fixed the banding, a 4x6 photo but again the paper didn't eject. I thought it may be the thinner matt paper I was using, so I tried printing a 13x19 on 100% rag using the paper setting for the 13x19 UltraSmooth Fine Art Paper. It printed great but towards the end it kept printing, but the paper stop and did not eject. It printed about the last inch of the print, over it's self and was pretty dark in other words it printed the last inch a few times.

So the paper is not ejecting and it also did not feed it, the last inch of the print. I used CS4 to handle the color management, but set the paper and size for the paper for it. And as I said even the 11x8.5 matt paper, didn't eject after it was done printing so some thing is not right. I had to run about 8 sheets of 11x8.5 to clean the heads, and check them so it did have to to work the feed and everything.

No error lights or anything like that, it just don't eject the smaller matt. And stops a inch short and prints 2x over that part, and doesn't eject the print with the 13x19 rag. I got the R1800 and R2400, tech manual ebook for it but there is so many different parts. That taking it apart would be a major problem, unless I knew what I needed to do to it. I really need some help trouble shooting it, this whole thing is turning into a night mare as I need to make some Xmas prints for gift's.

I printed the 13x19 for my mom and dad, but I would have to cut the last inch that is over lapped off. That is to be her and my dad's Xmas gift, I got the frame and matt but want to get this working right, to make them a right print as I'm 100% sure they will love the print once done. The printer did not look used even at all, new inks and everything did not look used at all.

I have some tech skills but not with printers, built and fixed many computer systems though. I'm hoping it's some thing simple like the CS4 setting, I did have it set to fit to paper or may be some fast adjustment or some thing. I really need some help trouble shooting this, as I'm lost right now seeing all them parts in the tech manual done that I'm sure.

Here is the info CS4 to control the color, and set the right paper and size for it. I also set resize to fit the paper, the colors are pretty good but it stops short of finishing the print by a inch. That last inch was printed over again, and it will not eject any sheets at all that is 11x8.5, and 13x19 sheets feed in the normal paper feeder. I did not use the large sheet clip though, but the 11x8.5 did not eject and don't need it.

Thanks, for any help that you can give me.

Re: I need help bad with R2400 PLEASE!!!

I am now bald tore my hair out, I paper feed problem with my 2400, in the end I gave up with the epson, spent a few pounds on a sledge hammer.
    Purchased a Canon, so far no problems.
    Epson will never have any more of my money.

Try raising the paper outfeed level. I use a CS3 software box on the outfeed tray and it stopped the problem you indicate. On larger paper the weight of the paper and the angle at which it is supported causes the printing problems you mention.

The paper thickness needs to be set properly as well.

So I just click the box, for thick sheets ???

Ok I need some input on this, I noticed that when I set it to best print. It changed to manual roll setting it may have done that to me before, I'll try to that way to see if it works for me.

But could that have been the problem, and why don't it stay on the normal sheet feeder ???

Well I try it on manual roll and loading into that feeder, and the same thing happen the last inch of the photo it stop. And kept printing over the last inch of the print, I held the print up level so it's not that. So far I got lots of ink gone and 2X 13x19 prints that are messed up, on the last inch of the prints, it's like burning money that is for sure.

I'm very happy with the colors of the prints, but I can't be happy they are both messed up on the last inch. I'm starting to see why one poster give up, all that money and work for the stuff and can't get a good print from it. I'm sure it cost to much to send in and pay to get it fixed, may be a computer tech could fix the printer because this is making me sick thinking.

How I did not get any right prints from it from new, every print is burning money. Even if this is refurb they should of went over it good, and fixed the problems it was having it is a shame. I love the way the prints are printed, but what good is it if they are messed up and would have to cut at the last inch of them.

I'll just keep trying to I burn what little ink is left, and keep hoping to get it right. The printer is not ejecting the prints same thing from print one, but the first print was all banded and worthless also. I mean this is really sicken, had a got a few good prints may be I would not feel so bad. But not even one good print, burned most of the high priced inks $140 set up and paper.

Ok I'm done ranting, but this still sickens me.

Maybe for a temp fix tack on an inch wide grey band onto the end of your image in photoshop. That way maybe it'll just print over and ruin the gray band and not the actual image itself.

I'll have to try that, if everything else fails.

I took notice that it seems to print over the last inch again, of the image and that the white space at both ends are about the same.

As a matter of interest, what matt paper are you using?

Just occurred to me it might not need to be gray- white would of course be no ink at all, but still might trick the printer into ejecting it far enough out of the image area before it get hung up on the last inch.